Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

'What? Why? If im helping I have a right to know!' I instantly regretted my little outburst, but when I looked at Basta he just looked exhausted. He sighed, exhaling his peppermint breath like it was his lifeblood, not a gust of gas. 

'Look, Briar' my heart skipped a beat, he knew my name! 'its Capricorns orders, okay. If it was up to me, I'd tell you. Anyway, were at the storeroom now. Ill get yer kit and leave you to change.'  He walked into the storeroom, closing the door behind him.

----------------------------------------------------------Bastas POV------------------------------------------------------------

I rummaged through the box of blackjacket clothes, trying to find something that would fit her slender frame. After a few minuites I had gathered a pair of black converse, some black female police trousers, a black shirt and the customary long, black leather coat, hopefully in the right size. I ran a hand through my dark hair, attempting, and failing, to smooth it. poor Brair, she has no idea what shes in for. And, said some dark, annoying part of my brain, It'll make her hate you forever... 'Shut up' i said out loud. 'It's not like it was my idea... I'm just carrying out my orders...'  I sighed and grabbed the clothes. Whatever she thinks it dosen't concern me, its not like I fancy her or anything...

---------------------------------------------------------Briars POV---------------------------------------------------------------

Basta came out of the store about five minuites later and placed a bundle of clothes in my arms, muttering 'they should fit, go get changed in there' pointing at the store with his thumb. I pushed open the woden door and entered the semi-dark room. I was at once overwelmed by a smell of smoke, petrol and old clothes, I changed quickley and hurried outside.

'they fit then?'

'yeah, well enough'

'right, follow me'

Basta stalted walking towards the carpark, I followed quickley in tow. Once we got into the black car- me squahed between Cockerell and Basta-  Flatnose unskilully pressed down the accelirator and we set off with a jerk.

'well, now were in the car, I can tell you what you wanted to know. Your job is to set fire to a house, we cant do it because the cops there arn't so asily scared and know our faces. no-one will suspect a lonley woman of being an arsonist though, will they?' he shoved a slip of paper into my hand. Theres the adress, theres a can of petrol in the rucsack well give you, and some matches and kinding in there too. its simpe, splash the petrol about, throw the kidling down, throw a lit match into some petrol and then run like shit back to the car. got that?'

I nodded. So now i was to become an arsonit... maby even a murderer.