~~~

The man dropped into Derek's loft, tucking his black wings behind him. He was shirtless, showing off a chiseled physique. He had dark hair that framed his face. Four more, three men and a woman, dropped down behind him. All four had black wings like him. The men were shirtless and the woman had on a halter top.

The man looked up, his eyes glowing a bright green. "She was here. Her scent is strong."

"Others were here as well," one of the men started.

The woman crouched, touching her fingers to the floor. When she lifted them back up, they were stained with something black. "A wolf," she said, inhaling through her nose. "Hunters must have found them. I smell wolfsbane."

"And a jaguar. There was a fight here."

"She must have come looking for the Hale Pack," their leader said. "They will regret harboring her. I will tear the pack apart until they give her to me." He turned to them. Varying degrees of green looked back at him. "We will keep looking. She will regret refusing to join me." He took flight, flying out of the broken skylight, the others following.

~~~

Chris and Sheriff Noah Stilinski watched the backhoe dig into the grave. "Thanks for doing this," Chris said.

"When you told me what happened at Derek's and his claim of seeing your sister, I had to see for myself, too," Stilinski responded.

"What excuse did you use?"

"I received a tip that Kate may have been murdered by another accomplice to the arson and that they made it look like an animal attack."

"It's a bit scary how good you are getting at this in such a short time."

"I'm still completely confused by all of this, to be completely honest."

Chris chuckled. "You don't show it," He glanced over his shoulder. "Is there a reason Stiles and Lydia are hiding behind a statue?"

"No telling. Stiles was probably eavesdropping again. Scott with him?"

"I just saw those two. How is Stiles doing, by the way?"

"He's mostly back to normal. His friends, Melissa and Dr. Deaton have really been helping him get there."

"I never apologized for contemplating killing him."

"You were only doing what you thought was right. But that would be appreciated."

"I wouldn't have shot him. Allison took the firing pin out of the gun."

"Smart girl."

"In our family, the women are the leaders. They make all the hard decisions," Chris sighed. "At least they did."

"I can't imagine what it's like to lose everything."

"You nearly did."

The backhoe hit the casket.

"Bring it up!" Slowly the casket was lifted up and set back down on the ground and Stilinski and Chris approached it. "Are you sure about this, Chris?"

The former Hunter nodded. "Open it."

Jordan Parrish and another deputy opened the casket. "What the hell?" Parrish exclaimed. "Sheriff, you need to see this."

Chris and Stilinski exchanged looks before approaching the casket. There was a body in the casket, but it wasn't Kate.

"Ah, crap," Stilinski muttered. "Who the hell is that?"