Chapter 33 "Find Her"

Pulling up outside the warehouse, everyone quickly makes their way inside.
The security guard for the surrounding warehouses is in the corner throwing up.
"Why doesn't he go into the bathroom and do that?" Ruzek asks Halstead.
Hank walks over to them, "He won't go back into the bathroom," he tells Ruzek.
Ruzek, Halstead, Antonio, and Atwater walk in and see Boner.
They all quickly walk out, "Was that his penis in his mouth?" Atwater asks swallowing hard.
"I think I threw up in my mouth," Ruzek says.
"Is he dead?" Antonio asks.
"Yes, he's dead. I checked," Hank tells Antonio, "He bled out."
The Ambulance pulls up outside.
Brett and Foster come walking in with a gurney.
They both look around, "Well? Who's hurt?" Brett asks.
"In the bathroom," Ruzek tells her.
Brett and Foster walk to the bathroom.
As quickly as they walk in, they walk right back out.
"Could someone cut him down for us?" Brett asks.
No one says anything, "I'll do it!" Halstead says.
He starts walking toward the bathroom with Hank behind him.
"You have to find Shaylynn," Hank tells Halstead as they cut Boner down and before Brett and Foster walk in with the gurney.
"Why?" Halstead asks him.
"She did this," Hank tells him, "Plus someone was here before I made it. Look at his neck, there's a little slit cut into it."
"So," Halstead says.
"I guarantee he had a tracker there and someone cut it out so it wouldn't be traced back to them," Hank says, "And I bet that person's Igorery. He's going to know Shaylynn did this. So you need to find her before he does!"
Halstead nods at him and rushes out of the bathroom running out to his truck.

As Halstead's driving, his phone rings.
"Halstead,"
"Jay, it's Kelly. You need to come to Rainbow beach. Over where the parking lot is beside the Eugene Sawyer water purification plant!" he says.
"Why?" Halstead asks.
"We were called for a vehicle fire. Jay, it's Shaylynn's Durango," Severide tells him.
"I'm on my way!" Halstead tells Severide as he presses down on the accelerator.

~~~~~~

Pulling into the parking lot, Halstead barely comes to a full stop before jumping out of his truck.
Once out he runs over to the Durango, Severide stopping him, "You can't get near it quite yet! It's still way too hot!"
Halstead looks at Severide with a sad look, "Is she in there?"
"No," Severide tells him, "There are no bodies inside."
Halstead looks at him relieved, "Did you find anything?" he asks Severide.
"I found her phone over in the middle of the parking lot," Severide tells him.
"How do you know it's Shaylynn's phone?" Halstead asks.
Severide hands the phone to him, "Turn it on," he tells Halstead.
Halstead takes the phone and turns it on. 

"If that's not Shaylynn's phone, you have some explaining to do!" Severide tells Halstead

Halstead turns red then looks around, "It looks like the purification plant has cameras. I'm going to head over there and see if they have one that might look over here."
"Good luck!" Severide tells him.
Halstead runs back to his truck, gets in, and speeds out of the parking lot heading toward the purification plant.
Once he gets through the guard shack, he parks and walks toward the building taking out his phone.
"Yeah," Hank says.
"Pretty sure Igorery found Shaylynn before me!" Halstead tells him.
"Why do you say that?" Hank asks.
"51 was called to a vehicle fire. It was Shaylynn's Durango," Halstead tells him.
"Where are you?" Hank asks him.
"At the Eugene Sawyer purification plant," Halstead says, "I'm hoping they have a camera that points over to where Shaylynn's Durango was found."
"Let me know what you find!" Hank says hanging up.
Halstead walks into the office and shows his badge, "I need to see all your security footage," he tells the man.
"Follow me," the man says.
Halstead starts following the man down a hallway, "Are you here about the fire in the parking lot next door?" the man asks Halstead.
"Yes, why are you asking?" Halstead asks him.
"I'm the one who called 9-1-1," the man says, "I was outside when I saw the smoke and a black Sedan speed out of the parking lot."
Halstead raises an eyebrow, "Did you happen to see the driver?" he asks the man.
"A little," the man says, "He looked creepy."
Taking out his phone, Halstead finds a picture of Igorery and shows the man, "Is this the driver?"
The man takes a good look at the picture, "Sure does look like him," the man says stopping at a door, "Inside you'll find Marcus. He'll help you with the footage."
"Thanks," Halstead says.
The man walks away as Halstead opens the door.
A man in the room turns around to look at him, "Marcus?" Halstead asks him.
"Yes, can I help you with something?" Marcus asks.
"I'm Detective Halstead," he tells Marcus showing him his badge, "I need to see any footage you might have of the parking lot that's beside the plant."
"Let's see what I can find," Marcus tells Halstead as he looks at a certain screen, "How far back do you need?"
"Go two hours to be safe," Halstead tells him.
Both men watch the screen as Marcus reaches the two-hour mark.
There are a few trees in the way but most of the parking is visible. As Marcus fast-forwards through the footage Shaylynn's Durango shows up with a black Sedan following it.
A man gets out of her Durango, goes to the back and pulls out a gas can pouring some of it in the back then goes around opening the other doors pouring more gas throughout.
He sits the gas can down, reaches into a pocket pulling something out.
Not being able to see what it is, it's obvious after he throws it into the Durango that it was either a lighter or matches.
The man picks up the gas can then walks over to the black Sedan and puts it in the trunk.
He goes to get in the passenger side but stops.
Turning around, he throws something into the parking lot. Halstead thinks to himself it must be Shaylynn's phone.
He finally gets in and the Sedan drives off.
"Can you burn a copy of that for me?" Halstead asks.
"Sorry I can't do that but I can email it to you," Marcus tells him giving Halstead a piece of paper and a pen.
Halstead writes down his email address, "This is my work email," Halstead tells him, "I need to be going! Thanks for your help!"
"Anytime!" Marcus says, "It should be in your inbox by the time you get to work."
Halstead quickly makes his way out of the building and out to his truck.
When he gets in he pulls out his phone, "What did you find out?" he hears Hank ask as soon as he answers.
"I can't tell if it's Igorery or not. They couldn't copy the footage but could send it to my email. I'm heading to the District now," Halstead says as he pulls out of the parking lot.
"I'll meet you there," Hank tells him.
Halstead throws his phone onto the seat.

~~~~~~

Running inside, Halstead makes his way upstairs.
Sitting down at his desk he puts in his password for his email and sees the email from the purification plant.
He opens it up and tries to enlarge the video to see if he can see the driver's face clearer or the other man's face.
Not being able to see them he can make out the license plate. He closes his email and runs the plate number, it comes back to Boner.
"Well?" he hears Hank say as he makes it to the top of the stairs.
"I can't make out their faces but I could see the license plate number. It came back to Boner, so this has to be Igorery," Halstead tells him, "Where are the others?" he asks Hank.
"Another call came in, I sent them to it. We have to keep this just us because of Shaylynn," Hank tells him.
"How are we going to find her?" Halstead asks, "We had clues where to look for Boner but Igorery, we have nothing!"
"With Diaz and now Boner gone, Igorery has a lot of stolen drugs on his hands from Columbia," Hank tells him, "We need to be watching for sales to pick up. Once they do, we'll be able to locate Igorery."
Halstead nods at Hank, "I need to go," he tells him.
"Where are you going?" Hank asks him.
"There are a few places I want to check out that maybe Igorery might frequent," Halstead tells him.
"Alright, if you do encounter him, don't engage! Call me!" Hank tells him.
Halstead nods again then walks down the stairs.

Walking out to his truck he has a lot going through his head.
How far will he go to get his wife and unborn child back?
Halstead gets in and sits there, he pulls out his phone.
"Hey, I need the number for your boss," Halstead says.
He hears laughter, "Yeah right! Like I'm just going to hand it out to you so you and your cronies can go and bust him!" Halstead hears.
"Not the boss here in Chicago! The boss in Columbia! I know where his stolen drugs are!" Halstead says into his phone.