Chapter 16 "Hula Dancer"

Shaylynn wakes up.
Her head is killing her, sitting up she tumbles over and falls off a bed.
Looking up she looks around the room. There's a window in the room but it's boarded up with just a little light coming through the cracks. With very little light shining through she determines the light has to be coming from a street light.
She rubs the back of her head and feels a huge bump. Looking to her left she sees more light coming through another boarded up window. The window looks like it's in a bathroom.
Slowly standing up, she walks over and walks in.
Ripping off some of her shirt she turns the faucet on and gets the material wet with cold water. She then puts it on the back of her head.
Walking back out to the bedroom she walks over to the door and tries the doorknob, of course, it's locked. She then walks over to the window to see if she can see through the cracks. Not being able to see much she tries to fit her fingers in the cracks enough to see if she can pull a board off, no such luck.
The room starts spinning so she walks back over to the bed. Before she can sit down, she falls down onto it passing out.

~~~~~~~

In the morning, almost everyone in the Intelligence Unit is in the Bullpen.
Halstead comes running up the stairs, "Is Shaylynn here?" he says in a panic.
Hank is standing by the board and everyone turns around to look at Halstead.
"What's going on?" Halstead asks.
"Shaylynn's been abducted," Hank tells him.
Halstead quickly walks up to where Hank is and looks at the board.
He sees pictures of the restaurant with Shaylynn and Buck standing outside of it and then of another picture of them hugging. Then pictures of her standing by her car with the black van pulling up behind her.
Halstead looks closely to see the van doesn't have any license plates but there's a little hula dancer sitting on the dash.
"Are you bringing Buck in?" Halstead asks Hank.
"Antonio and Rixton left to get him," Hank tells Halstead.
"I want to be in the room when he's being questioned!" Halstead says.
"Pretty sure that's not a good idea!" Hank tells him.
"I want to be in there!" Halstead tells Hank adamantly.
"Alright," Hank says, "Do something wrong and you're out!"
"Understood!" Halstead says.

Twenty minutes later, Antonio and Rixton return with Buck.
They take him to an interrogation room. As they walk out Halstead and Hank walk in and sit down.
"What's going on?" Buck asks, "Why am I here? Those two guys told me I had to come to the District and answer some questions as I was walking up the Firehouse driveway. This isn't going to look good for me!" he tells them.
"No, it's not going to look good for you because you were the last one to see Shaylynn and now she's been taken!" Hank tells Buck.
Buck looks at them with a shocked look, "I didn't do anything!" he says.
"But you were at the restaurant with her!" Halstead says.
"Yes, we had drinks, walked out, and went our separate ways," Buck tells him.
"After you hugged her," Halstead says getting pissed off.
"Yes, I hugged her! Even though I can't have her physically I didn't want to lose her friendship so she agreed," Buck says, "I fell in love with her out in L.A. and we had an amazing time," Buck starts saying with a shitty grin as Halstead gets a look on his face.

 and we had an amazing time," Buck starts saying with a shitty grin as Halstead gets a look on his face

"But I wouldn't do anything to hurt Shaylynn!" Buck tells them.
"I believe him," Hank tells Halstead.
There's a knock at the door.
Hank gets up, walks over and opens it, "Boss, we got a lead on the black van," Ruzek tells him.
Hank turns around and looks at Halstead, "Let's go!" he says.
"What about me?" Buck asks.
"You can go!" Hank tells him as Halstead stands up.
Hank walks out of the room as Halstead walks over to the door with Buck standing up getting ready to follow him out until Halstead stops in the doorway.
He turns around and looks at Buck, "Stay away from Shaylynn!" Halstead tells him.
Turning around, Halstead walks down the hallway leaving Buck still standing in the Interrogation room in shock.

Walking out to the Bullpen, Hank walks up to Antonio, "What do you have?"
"The black van with the hula dancer on the dash has been located by a patrol car. They're sitting on the house right now," Antonio tells him.
"Alright everyone, load up! Take what you want with you!" Hank says specifically looking at Halstead.

~~~~~

The Intelligence Unit pulls up out front of the address on South Hamlin Avenue.
They all get out and head inside.

In the lead is Rixton.
He knocks on the door, "CPD!"
No one answers the door. Rixton tries the doorknob, it's unlocked.
Opening the door, Rixton, with Halstead behind him, storm inside.

They rush through to find a man sitting in a wheelchair in the kitchen, holding a phone, with his hands in the air

"Where is she?" Halstead yells.
"Where's who?" the man asks shaking.
Hank puts his hand on Halstead's shoulder, "Do you own a black van that has a hula dancer on the dash?" Hank asks the man.
"Yes. When I went out last night to go to the grocery store it was gone. I did report it stolen," the man tells him, Hank turns around to look at Burgess, she walks outside, "I looked out the window no more than five minutes ago and saw it was back and came in here to call to say it had been returned," the man tells Hank.
Halstead and Rixton put their guns down, "What time last night did you notice your van was missing?" Hank asks the man.
"Around 9:30. It's easier for me to go grocery shopping at night. Hardly anyone is there and I don't have to worry about people taking the handicapped parking places. Can you tell me what's going on? He asked where she was," the man tells Hank nodding toward Halstead.
"All I can tell you is that your van was used in an abduction," Hank tells him, "You also might want to get new license plates. Your's weren't on the van."
"Oh, they're right over there," the man says pointing to the end of the counter, "I found them on the ground last night," the man looks at Hank oddly, "If my van didn't have the license plates on it, how did you find me?"
"By the hula dancer being on the dash. A patrol car noticed it and called it in," Hank says, "We'll be leaving," Hank tells the man.
Hank walks out of the kitchen with Rixton following him.
Halstead turns around and gets ready to walk out, "Hey," the man says, Halstead turns around to look at him, "I hope you find her!" the man tells him, "I can tell this woman means something to you."
Halstead nods at the man, "Thanks," he tells the man then walks out.

Outside, Hank walks up to Burgess, "Well?" he asks.
"The man is telling the truth. He reported his van stolen last night but it just got in the system about five minutes ago. I had to tell them to take it back out because it had been returned," she tells him.
"Ruzek, go back in and ask the man if we have his permission to dust down his van for fingerprints," Hank says.
"I'll do it," Halstead tells Hank.
Hank nods.

Halstead walks back but knocks on the door this time, the guy answers, "Would it be alright if we dust down your van to see if we can find any fingerprints?" Halstead asks him.
"Sure," the man tells him, "Is this woman your wife?" the man asks, " I can read people pretty well and can tell this woman means more to you than the others."
"We're engaged," Halstead tells the man.
"Close enough. You'll find her! I can tell you all are great at your jobs! You found my van without the license plates and just by the hula dancer," the man says.
"It will take around thirty minutes to an hour to dust down your van. Someone will come in to take your fingerprints to rule you out of the investigation," Halstead tells the man.
"Alright," the man says.
"Sorry we bothered you," Halstead tells the man then looks away.
"Hey," the man says, Halstead looks at him, "If someone I loved had been abducted, I would have done the same thing!"
Halstead smiles at the man with a half smile and walks away.
When Halstead gets back outside the team has arrived to dust for fingerprints.
Halstead walks over to his truck and gets in, Rixton getting in a few seconds later, "We're going to find her!" Rixton tells him.

~~~~~~

Waking up once again, Shaylynn sees it's daytime.
Looking over by the door, she sees a tray with food on it has been placed on a table.
"You have to eat," she hears a voice say.
Looking around she sees a camera up in a corner, "Who are you? What do you want with me?" she asks.
"You, your Daddy, your pretty boy, and the rest of your team are trying to catch me! That's not going to happen! These women are getting what they deserve! As for who I am, just call me Jack the Ripper!" the voice says with an evil laugh following.