Chapter Twenty-One

Dylan's POV

We approached the pack house with the council members in tow.  As we came closer, an eerie feeling crept along my skin. I don't like this, something's up. Said Damon. I agree with him. The territory had a lack liveliness that covered it each day.

We ran directly to the infirmary where Anah was, we had to make sure she was safe. I pushed the door open to find a trembling Anah wrapped in Sam's arms.

"Is she alright?" Bel asked frantically. "I hope so," Sam replied softly.

Another tremor occurred but stronger this time. "We have to act fast," one of the women from the council said. Bel looked at her with a dumbfounded expression, "what do you mean?" "She means we have to go and see what the trouble is, and eliminate it," replied one of the men.

"How are we supposed to do that?" Bel practically screamed.

A silence fell amongst us as I looked at Bel in concern. I pulled her into an embrace and she leaned into me.

Isabella's POV

As I put my head on his chest, my mind was running in panic. We don't even know what's happening out there. What if it's life threatening? What if we have to fight? I'm barely ready to face a threat especially with my new-found ability.

I scanned the room to see solemn faces all around. Another horrifying tremor broke me from my reverie. "We don't have a choice, do we?" I asked Dylan grimly. He slowly shook his head while frowning.

"Well then, we'd better get out there then," I said partly enthusiastically

Dylan gave me a determined look while mind-linking the rest of the pack.

.............................
.....................................

We were now outside trying to figure out what was happening. A mind-link suddenly came in from a warrior on border patrol. Alpha, Luna, there has been a breach at the North and South borders!  I looked at Dylan at he gave me a curt nod. Do you know who it is? Dylan asked in a serious tone. It appears to be the creatures that attacked people at the mall that day and there are hundreds of them headed that way.  He informed us.

"We will surround and protect the pack house while you and your warriors go upfront and defend from there," one of the male council members, Karl, stated.

We signaled everyone to split up so we could meet the creatures on the way. No one was prepared for this and honestly I was scared, for my mate, the pups, the warriors, for my pack. I really loved them dearly and had come to know them and establish relationships with them. Today was going to be a gruesome and pain filled day.

An idea popped in my head suddenly and I ran to Dylan's office at full speed. I opened the file on top of the table and stayed calling on our allies asking and pleading for help. We weren't really supposed to show others weakness as leaders but at this point I did not care, I had to protect my pack, my family.

I managed to get the WhiteMist Pack and the RedWaters Pack among others to come to our aid. From the battlefield I could hear a howl along with a menacing snarl that sounded feral. I knew in that moment that I needed to be outside to protect who I could.

My legs led me outside where I lunged and shifted into my almost pure white wolf and went to help the others. The first one I encountered seemed to be sneaking to the pack house when I jumped onto his back and buried my claws into his neck. He howled in pain and shook me off. I flew off and my back made contact with a nearby rock. The blow disoriented me for a few minutes. I stood tall and waited for him to lunge at me....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------************************************************************

A/N

I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter as much as I did. Who knows what will happen in the next chapter? Thoughts?  Comments?  I would love to hear what you want to say. Also... 91.8k reads!!!! I didn't think I would reach that many. Thank you all for your continued support. Love you all and see you in the next chapter which will be out not long from now.