Chapter 2: Magic exists!

(Edited)
3rd Person's POV

This morning was any other normal day, except for the fact that their Lady, which is Erica, is now kinder and more beautiful looking. The servants were a bit shocked and wary at the new Erica. The maids gossiped how she lost her memories and soon there was a new gossip on town saying that Lady Erica Jane Bon Teligent lost her memories, soon reaching the king's ears.

This world is almost the same as Earth except they have magic. Here, they have technologies but instead of the normal technologies as Earth, they use magic. For example, they use a lightning crystal for electrity. Even though their technologies, clothes and cultures are almost modern, they still have a king and have villages and such. The houses were not as modern though, base from the looks of it. When Erica looked out on her balcony, she sees the houses were like those fantasy games or movies that was set at the past era.

Erica then finished eating breakfast by herself since her 'parents' are busy with work and cannot eat together like last time. A few servants then quickly arrived and did a slight bow without looking at her eyes. They grabbed her plate and quickly left the room.

Erica stretched her arms and walked around the mansion accompanied by Ellen, her personal maid. She breathed in the fresh air of the mansion as she walks in an elegant manner following Ellen to the library.

She looked at the books in the library when suddenly, she spotted a book with pretty gold designs in the spine. She then grabbed it and blew away the dust and read the title, 'Basics of Magic'. She happily then sat in the nearest chair and looked at Ellen if she was allowed to read this. Ellen, amused at Erica's action nodded with a smile.

"We'll continue the lessons later." Ellen said. Erica nodded and proceeded to open it to the first page.

"Your power is << Fire>>." Ellen said to Erica when she arrived at the first chapter.

"My power?" Erica asked, tilting her head slightly. Her long curvy pastel violet hair moved, Erica decided to change the usual hair style of the owner which was a twin tail drill hair. She didn't tie it to twin tails but instead let it down, making the bottom of her hairy twist into tiny purple drills.

"Yes. You have powers." Ellen said, smiling. "Im kinda glad you seem to have changed. You never read in the library unless necessary." She mentioned. "Your wand is also in your bag. Which is inside in a special case."

Erica smiled and didn't look straight into Ellen's eyes and spoke, "Ehehe... C-can you tell me more about magic. I'm still not a big fan of reading these kind of books." She says scratching her cheek. Ellen sighed at Erica and grabbed the book from her as she proceeded to look at the words of the book.

She then fake coughed in order to clear her throat and started explaining about magic,"Well actually- you can use fire without a wand, but you need to learn the chant for fire spells. But If you had a wand and lots of mana- you can do lots of other spells of different elements still needing to learn each chant of course. Imagination is highly useful when chanting a spells."

She then thought for a moment, "Your mana is about 5000, the average mana a noble can get is up to 500. You're very lucky, miss." Erica nodded in uderstanding.

Ellen suddenly stood up, "I'll be back. Pardon me." Ellen bowed.

"Your excused." Erica said.

Ellen then left to grab some things leaving Erica alone in the library. While waiting, Erica looked at the books on the shelves and grabbed one that caught her attention and saw the title. 'The Hero's Journey', a story of a hero that killed the demon queen. Putting the book about magic aside, she grabbed it to feel it's brand new leather cover.