Chapter 3 - Results

~ The next day ~ 

Midoriya's POV:

I woke up the next day feeling emotionally drained and dead inside. I wasn't in any pain or anything, but I just felt really bugged about something and I don't think it's gonna be hard for me to guess what exactly is bothering me. Todoroki was quiet, like, really quiet. I slowly sat up in the bed and looked over at him, he was laying with open eyes, staring up at the ceiling.

"Goodmorning Todoroki..." I said softly, trying to make sure not to surprise him too much. It seems like I succeeded when he just smiled a bit and sat up as well, turning his head slightly in my direction.

"Morning Midoriya, did you sleep well?" He asked, guess he could hear how tired I still am and perhaps a tint of sadness coming from me? I just smiled to myself at the thought of him being able to do something like that.

"Yeah I guess, how about you? You seemed to have something on your mind." I said and swung my legs over the side of the bed as my feet hung just above the floor. 

"I slept fine, I feel some of my strength has returned and I was just thinking about getting something to eat," Todoroki said as he scratched his cheek with a bit troubled expression, "but I don't really know where or how to get something...", I couldn't help but giggle by seeing him act like this, it was a completely new side of him and I honestly liked it. 

"We'll just pull this red string and then the nurses will come and check on us," I said, feeling a bit more cheerful now than before as I pulled the string. Todoroki formed a 'oh' with his lips as he then chuckled a bit.

"Well, now I feel stupid for wondering so long about it..." He said after chuckling, but he was still smiling a tiny bit. I have never seen him in this kind of mood and it's honestly a refreshing change.  

"Haha don't feel stupid Todoroki! You had no way of knowing!" I laughed and stood up as my feet hit the cold floor as I walked up in front of him, looking down at him as he sat there, for once being lower than me. "Todoroki..?" I asked as he became aware that I had moved closer to him and he turned his head upwards to face me.

"Yes?" 

"Can you... Stand up?" I asked and scratched the back of my head, feeling about nervous about what I was about to ask next, depending on his answer to the first question. Todoroki didn't say anything, but just slowly stood up with a confused expression on his face. He's now taller than me again, causing me to look up at him. 

"C-Can I please get permission to give you a hug..?" I stuttered and closed my eyes, tensing up a bit and got ready to be denied. But I then felt his hand on my arm, as he probably tried to feel where I am, causing my eyes to flutter open as I looked at him again. I was then pulled into a warm embrace as Todoroki hugged me tightly, just as he had done yesterday. 

"You don't need permission from anyone to hug me Midoriya..." Todoroki said in a quiet voice as I felt heat quickly rise to my face by his words. I then hugged him back just as tightly as he was hugging me as I hid my face in the crook of his neck. I heard him release a shaky breath as he then rested his head on top of mine.

"Thank you Todoroki..." I said and opened my eyes a bit as I turned my head and looked up at him. My eyes widened and I felt my heart skip a beat when I saw the faint pink that had spread across his cheeks.

"You too, thank you." He said as we pulled apart just in time to hear the door to the room open and a nurse came in and looked at us.

"One of you pulled the string? Would you like your breakfast here or in the cafeteria downstairs?" The nurse said and smiled, I looked over at Todoroki and smiled.