Gone

After Boom Amy, Shadow and Sonic came back to their universe, their celebratory party wasn't pleasant enough. Knuckles and Sticks were so relieved and excited after they saw their team leader back. They thought the original team will be back again together but after hearing their story back at the Modern Universe. Even if they wanted to go back and help their alternative selves, they couldn't. They only had one Chaos Emerald with them and in order to travel to time and space, at least two Chaos Emeralds were needed. During the astronomical travel, Sonic and Shadow had accidentally lost the reminding of the Chaos Emeralds somewhere in the Modern Universe or at least they hoped that they still remind there in their dimension. However, having a Chaos Emeralds with them made them hope that one day, they will be reunited again with their Modern own selves in different circumstances.

A month had passed and their lives were just starting to get back to normal. Dr. Eggman was attacking the village again and it felt nice to have Team Sonic back. Although Shadow was happy to see everyone reunited, Shadow felt left over. As up to now, the only reason that kept Shadow with the team was to protect everything Sonic loved. However, now that he was back he didn't feel the need to stick around.

His situation with Amy wasn't getting better, it was as if the moment Sonic appeared in her life again, she had completely forgotten about him. He knew that it was selfish to think this way, but at the moment he really began to think he had the wrong impression of Amy. No progress was made and he thought that it was about time everyone made things clear with each other.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"So team SonAmy or ShadAmy?",Knuckles looked at his cards, trying to take a small peek into Stick's who was smart enough to not let him look at them. Sticks, Knuckles, and Tails had met in their workshop like always to discuss important matters.

"ShadAmy, Shadow is actually a gentleman", Sticks placed her card below the red five of hearts, they were playing King's Corner and she wasn't going to let anyone out-best her in this game.

"I thought girls liked bad guys", Knuckles added now trying to slowly take a peek at Tail's cards.

"So, Sonic is a bad guy now?", Tails looked at Knuckles with a serious face, ready to destroy him.

"Let's all be honest, Sonic can be a bit um what's the word...arrogant"

"that doesn't make him a bad guy tho"

"He also ignored all of Amy's past efforts to show her feelings to him but now that she can potentially be happy with someone else, he comes along to create a deep emotional confusion and becomes an obstacle between her and her happiness", Knuckles softly placed his King card at the end of the line and claim a corner of his own while taking a small sip of his warm team. "Wow, the tea is exceptionally hot today", he added.

"So, seems like I am the only one who is team SonAmy huh?", Tails couldn't say anything against that. Even if Sonic was his best friend, he knew that he was able to commit mistakes as well.

"However....", Sticks began, she was winning the game and already knew how the game would end, "if Amy is willing to forgive that and wants to move on and Sonic really tries to make up for the past and takes care of her and loves her properly then...isn't that just what love is? Changes a person for the better? Isn't that just the greatest proof of true love?"

Sticks placed her last card and on the line the King, once again winning this round. It was Game Over.

What they didn't know was that Shadow was standing by the door, hearing to everything they had to say.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"So, when are you telling Shadow?", Sonic walked side to side to Amy, enjoying the view of the village in the afternoon.

"I don't know...I am so nervous", Amy responded happily to enjoy these peaceful moments with Sonic. He had changed a lot, he was more responsive and more sensible. Still sassy and sarcastic like his old self but for sure he was way more open than before.

"He waited for a year for a response, if you don't tell him soon he will get tired eventually", Sonic looked at her eyes, Amy knew that this was a reference to her. Although Amy used to love him with all of her heart, people eventually get tired of waiting and they decided to find happiness with someone else.

"Yes, you are right...I'll look for him tonight!...and Sonic..."

"Yes?", Sonic stopped for a second as he appreciated Amy's smile.

"I can't thank you enough...and I am sorry I couldn't forget about Shadow....", Amy looked down to the floor, ashamed of herself. Sonic took her chin and raised it up so he could look her emerald eyes.

"Amy I told you before...I don't care if you love Shadow. I don't care if everytime you are with me you think of him...I...I love you Amy, and your happiness is my happiness, so don't be sad because I had my chance and I didn't make the best out of it...so please be happy with Shadow"

They hugged each other and didn't let go.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Amy was back home and decided to prepare everything. Tonight for sure will be the day she fully accepts Shadow's feelings and responds back to them. As she opens her door, she found a letter on the floor and picked it up carefully. She sat down on her pink sofa and sat down to read it.

"Dear Amy,

I don't know how to start this letter. But I guess 'I'll start by saying that I am sorry for leaving without telling you in person. I knew that the moment I see you, I wouldn't be able to leave. Leaving you doesn't mean I don't have strong feelings for you. We have been through a lot this past year and I just really wonder if having such strong feelings is even possible? I didn't know anything about love before you came into the picture, and I was afraid that I might hurt you because of it. I ask for your forgiveness if you get the wrong impression of me after this. Amy, I---"

Amy finishes reading the letter. She stood up from the sofa and went to her kitchen ready to bake cookies. When she finished making them, she ate some of them while drinking hot chocolate and watching TV.

She waited for Shadow to come by

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Amy, I may never be able to explain clearly my reason to depart, nor be able to tell you how I truly feel. But remember to bake my favorite cookies, we made a deal"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

but he never did.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A/N: Last chapter, soon.