~3~The Class Goes Tech Free ~<3~

Start from the beginning

He opened the door, and she walked back in excitedly. "I actually made it out the door this time!" I started clapping until Matthews glared at me.

Riley just sighed. "Dad, adjust and deal. Cell phones have been around for, like, ever."

"It'll amaze you to know that there was a whole world before you and cell phones."

"And it'll amaze you to know that I have 394 friends in here." She tapped her phone screen.

"And I'm amazed that you believe that." He said, drawing a line across the chalkboard. "This is a timeline of all human existence. Starting here," He pointed at the start of the timeline, "is everyone who ever lived, laughed, loved, and understood the value of life. The cellphone era, which begins right around here," He drew a line almost at the end of the timeline, "Pretty much destroys all of that. Way to go, you."

Lucas raised his hand. "Sir, if I may take a different position?" He asked.

"Yeah, save me, Mr. Friar. Do I go too far?" Is snickered,

"Always, sir. I understand your point, but I use my phone to video chat my old friends and to find out what's going on in Texas."

Maya and I smiled. "Yeah." I started.

"How else can he keep tabs on all the hoedowns?"

"And cattle pageants? Oh, wait, and barbecues!?" I added, remembering them, as we said them in country accents.

Riley frowned. "Maya! Kenzie!" She scolded.

"It's okay, Riley. I'm unaffected by Kenzie and Maya's views of country life." I swear he winked at me... He does know that I lived there too. I mean so do the others, but we never told them that we knew each other. "As my Uncle Buster always says, 'Be like an eagle and soar above the mockingbirds.'"

Riley turned too us. "You're the mockingbirds."

Maya and I grumbled. "We know."

Maya turned to Lucas. "It kills us that we can't get to you."

Lucas just gave her that annoying smirk of his tipped an imaginary hat, and says, "Sorry, ma'am."

We shuddered in annoyance and turned away.

Farkle raised his hand and said to Cory. "Farkle time, sir?"

Cory grinned. "Oh, I love Farkle time."

Farkle turned to me. "Kenz, will you do the honors?"

I walked to the front of the class, as Matthews walked to Farkle's desk. "And now! Your favorite part of the class!" Cory glared at me. "You know its true. Ittttsssss FARKLE TIME!" I said in a game show host accent, flipping the sign on the desk, before walking back to my seat.

"With all due respect to history, Mr. Matthews, what's important to our generation will be on this side of the timeline, when Farkle and technology rule." He turned to Riley, "And I will easily be able to make another one of you." He pulled a strand of hair out of Riley's head.

"Ow."

Then he turned to Maya. "And another one of you."

"Ow."

Finally, he turned to me. I narrowed my eyes. "You wouldn't dare." He did dare. "Ow."

Riley looked confused. "Wait, so now there's six of us and one of you?"

Farkle grinned. "That's awesome. The future, you can't escape it, I am Farkle!" I clapped for him, while he switched seats with Mr. Matthews.

"The assignment, you can't escape it, I am teacher!" He just had to. "Okay, so here's what we're going to do, guys. We're going to split into teams and discover whether or not new technology has made us better people. You'll do presentations on your findings. And here's a twist. No computers."