-Just be honest. [Chapter 45]

Start from the beginning

She had called me once more since the bar and had text me twice. Now I really began to feel guilty, she was really trying.

 21:43; Would you just pick up the phone? Shout at me if you like, I just want to know why you’re ignoring me.

That was just after I turned my phone off. Shit.

01:03; At this point, why you’re ignoring me isn’t relevant anymore. I know you’re drunk, possibly completely shitfaced. And you’re stupid when you’re drunk, so please don’t do anything stupid and just text me back to let me know you’re okay, that’s all I want you to do. I’m worried x

I died a little at that. So I’m a complete dick to her and quite blatantly ignore her, go on a date with some other girl, while still ignoring her and she texts me that? I’m such a fucking idiot. Just as I was about to contemplate whether I should reply or not another came through, her name flashing on the screen. My hands were shaking as I outstretched a finger pressing the View button almost nervous what this message was going to say.

Okay I’m done trying to get you to speak to me. And I know you’re ignoring me on purpose, I just don’t know why. So just let me know when you’re ready to be mature about it and talk it out. All I can say is I hope you’re okay since I know you were completely wasted last night. I love you x

“I love you too.”

I whispered, but my fingers wouldn’t inflict this onto the keypad however much I told them to. For some reason, I couldn’t even begin to form a reply; I was so freaking scared of screwing it up. If she knows I was completely wasted, she’s probably seen the pictures of Jess and I, and yet she still texts me that? Freaking hell this girl is something.

Before I could think about it any further my phone flashed with the L O W B A T T E R Y symbol and then it was powering it off, completely drained of power. Maybe that was how I felt, however much I wanted to text her back, ring her even and tell her I was sorry; I didn’t have the power to do it. It was like there was this voice, whispering in my ear, telling me that I was supposed to be mad at her, I wasn’t supposed to feel guilty, I had done nothing wrong. But now I couldn’t say that as a guarantee anymore, since I had no clue what happened last night and like Ashley said, I do stupid things when I’m drunk, and Jess was completely hammered too, so fuck knows how stupid I really could have got.

Before I could contemplate this further, Liam entered the room, his eyes widening when he saw me and he broke out into a smile, but it was full of pity. Which I didn’t deserve. It was my fault for getting utterly smashed why shouldn’t I serve the punishment?

“Hey, you’re awake.”

He observed. No, I’m just sleeping with my eyes open and sitting up, Liam. When I didn’t respond he frowned slightly and then proceeded to open the curtains but I slammed a hand to my eyes shielding them from the light.

“No close them! It hurts.”

I exclaimed, it even hurt to speak. My own voice making my ears ring. He turned to face me an amused look crossing his face he pulled them back across, cloaking the room in darkness again. But the damage had been done; now my eyes and my head were hurting.

“That’s what you get for getting completely and utterly smashed. You were out of it man.”

He chuckled.

“Shhh don’t speak so loud. You’re like shouting.”

I whined collapsing back onto the sofa. He smirked as he sat down in the sofa opposite me still looking thoroughly amused, at least someone finds this amusing.