Ch. 12 - The Princess & The Subject

WARNING: Discretion is advised, contains adult content toward the end of the chapter.

The following day after the night of Melanie's birthday festivities, of which many revelries lasted until the crack of dawn, she slept until one in the afternoon. She had to look at the electric clock on the wall of her bedroom to fully believe it. Once she was up, she took a shower and got dressed into an A-line style black dress with a sweetheart neckline that hung off the shoulders with just straps holding it up. On the ends of the long sleeves were pleated lace inserts over wide slits. She accessorized with a black lace choker with a faceted crystal dangling down, and on her ears, she put simple diamond earrings. Her blonde curls needed to be tamed, so she put a lot of it back while keeping it down.

After she was ready, she took one more glance at herself in the mirror and saw her true form – the frightening but beautiful creature with pallid skin in a white lace dress, her head topped with an ornate black and gray headdress

After she was ready, she took one more glance at herself in the mirror and saw her true form – the frightening but beautiful creature with pallid skin in a white lace dress, her head topped with an ornate black and gray headdress. Her eyes were such a light shade of gray that they were practically white, nothing but a darker corona and the black dots for irises to distinguish them from the sclera. Her hair was divided perfectly in an even part; one half of her hair was black, the other so platinum it looked white. Her eyes were done up in black, sooty makeup, and her lips had blotchy black coloring on them. Again, Melanie was not too spooked, but when the phantom in the mirror smiled, it was menacing enough to shock her, as she had perfectly filed points for teeth on the bottom row as well as the top.

"AH!" she shrieked, moving back on her bed, creating a thud loud enough to attract attention.

Knock-knock!

"What?"

"It's your father."

"Shit."

"I heard that," he sneered. "I need to speak with you."

"J-Just a second."

Melanie got up from the bed and looked in the mirror one more time, only to notice the ghastly phantom that was her true form had vanished from sight. She sighed in relief and looked at the door, telekinetically opening it with a simple hand gesture to let her father in. When he walked in, he noticed her placed in front of the mirror in such a way, it made him curious. He paused and took a deep breath in through his nostrils.