Chapter Thirty Four

Bắt đầu từ đầu

She shook her head, refusing to talk and I grab her on both sides, shaking her. "Aera, talk!" I yelled, feeling my face go hot as anger engulfed me.

"Girls." The low voice boomed into the room and I groaned.

"For God's sake!" I shoved Aera lightly, "can't I have a conversation with you without being interrupted?" I was so frustrated at this point, I didn't acknowledge my dad's presence.

"What's going on here?" My father rushed to Aera's side the moment he notices her crying.

"Ask her. I have no idea." I massaged my temples, plopping myself onto a seat.

I hear him whisper something over to Aera and she nods right before leaving the room. "What did you say?" I asked my father and he comes to me with a sigh.

"Areum," He sat himself down next to me. "I don't know what this is about but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Taehyung?" He questioned, arching a brow in the process.

I don't answer as I waited for him to go on. "Areum, it's your sister's wedding day. Don't you think you're being a little selfish?" He asked and I feel my stomach churn.

"Selfish?" I stand up swiftly, facing my father. "This whole thing's happening because of me. Because I broke up with him to avoid any issues with Aera. Look at what happened." I spat, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Like I said, Areum. Aera loves that boy, it's different." He stood up, trying to approach me.

"Then what about me, huh? My feelings suddenly go invalid?" I moved away the moment he steps closer.

"You know what I mean," He breathed out a sigh, shaking his head. "You're still young. You're simply infatuated—"

"So now my feelings have been reduced to dumb adolescent's infatuation?" I coughed out a scoff, not believing the words coming out of his mouth.

"Areum, it's just different with love." His voice raised slightly.

"What do you know about love anyway?" I snapped, words pouring out of my mouth without thinking twice.

It caught him off guard and he went silent. "You've only ever been with one person and that was mum, but look at how that turned out." I said, and instantly regretted the moment I watch something in him break.

"Wait, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it." I apologised as fast as I could. He massages his chin as he nodded.

"No, you're right." He said, eyes reddening with tears.

"No, I'm not. I shouldn't have said that." I felt guilt piling up within me as I approached him.

He shook his head, arms dropping to his side as he walked before me, out of the room.

I groaned, dropping onto the bench as I let out an exasperated sigh. I turned to my right, seeing my bag and slinging it over my shoulder as I rushed out to leave, needing to leave.

The performance ends just as I was walking out and I bump into someone again. "Shit," I cussed under my breath.

"It's you again!" The brown haired male from just now laughed cheerily, sweeping his slightly damp hair back. "Why are you always in a rush?" He joked slightly but I wasn't in the right state of mind to react.

"I'm so sorry, excuse me." I tried walking past him but he stopped me.

"Wait, you're the bridesmaid, right?" He questioned, eyeing my form and I nod slowly. "So that makes you Areum?" He asked and I frowned in confusion, wondering how he knew.

"I swear, I'm not a stalker." He laughed again, obviously in a good mood. He licked his pink lips as he turned back to give Taehyung a quick glance. "He's spoken a lot about you." He said, his tone softening.

"Oh," I was slightly taken aback. I never knew he talked about me to his friends.

"I'm Jimin by the way." He introduced himself, and I instantly recognised the name from the dozens of stories Taehyung had shared.

He stuck out his hand but I shook my head. "I'm sorry, but I really need to leave." I said, the moment I catch sight of my father in the distance.

"Oh, you're coming for the after party though, right?" Jimin cocked his head to the side, the hair the was swept over his forehead parting slightly and dropping over his eyes.

"Hm?"

"Yea, the after party. It's at my house. It was kind of a last minute thing so we couldn't get a bar and  Taehyung actually—" And he began babbling.

"Yea, okay. I'll go." I interrupted him, needing him to stop. We quickly exchange numbers and he sends me the address.

"I expect to see you!" He talked over the voices echoing through the ballroom as I walked away.

-
unedited