As they traveled up a flight of stairs, two people appeared before them. One was a man. The other a woman. While the man charged forward to attack with a sword, the woman hung back and aimed her pistol. She never got a chance to fire. A spear made of light appeared next to her and pierced her chest. She died instantly. Likewise, the man had no time to block or dodge as Freya thrust the spear in her hand forward. Blood drenched the tip of her spear as she stabbed him through the throat, then yanked it out. The man stumbled backward as he raised a hand to his throat, now gushing with blood, but then he fell against the wall and slid down it. He didn't get back up.

Elincia thought she was going to be sick.

They emerged from the stairs and entered another hallway. Before too long, Freya had led Elincia into a room that appeared to be an armory. Several racks of guns lined lined the walls, swords hung from more racks, and there was even a bow with a quiver sitting on a table--wait a minute. That was her bow!

Elincia rushed forward and grabbed the quiver of arrows. The straps were still in good condition and it looked like no one had touched the arrows. She slung it around her shoulder, and then grabbed her bow. The string still looked good.

"I shall remain here and protect you until your life partner arrives," Freya informed Elincia. "Once he comes here, travel up to the deck. That woman who is in charge will be there. If you can defeat her, you will be able to take control over the ship."

"Okay. Thank you, Freya," Elincia said.

Freya smiled. "Think nothing of it."

Elincia switched her connection again, contacting Caspian as Freya stood in front of the armory door and cut down anyone foolish enough to come near her. It seemed there were a lot of foolish people. Freya's spear was practically a blur as she attacked everyone who appeared in this hallway.

"Caspian. Where are you now?"

"I'm traveling down the hallway you told me to."

"Once you reach the next corner, you will see a woman with silver hair wielding a spear. That's Freya. Don't attack her."

"I know what Freya looks like, you know."

"R-right. I just wanted to make sure."

A moment later, several more loud noises echoed from the other side of the door. Elincia turned to Freya, but the woman just stepped aside, allowing someone to enter the room. It was Caspian. He was covered in small nicks and bruises, breathing heavily as though he'd run across the entire ship, but still alive and perfectly healthy.

"Caspian!" Elincia was so overcome with emotion that she rushed up and hugged Caspian before he could fully recover. To his credit, Caspian did his best not to fall over, but he did stumble back a few steps.

"Ele... I'm glad you're okay."

"Me too! I'm so glad you're all right!"

They held each other for just a moment before separating. Both of them understood that now wasn't the time for this. Elincia turned to Freya and smiled.

"Thank you for the help, Freya."

After cutting down another man foolish enough to get too close, Freya bowed to Elincia and said, "of course. Please call upon me whenever you have need of my assistance. I will always come to you."

As the woman disappeared in a burst of light particles, Elincia sighed in relief when the drain on her mana ceased. She had about half her reserves left. If need be, she could probably summon Freya again for ten more minutes, but she would like to avoid that if at all possible. She'd be useless once she ran out of mana.