The Truth

(AJ Lee P.O.V)

The next morning rolled around and everybody was setting up to leave this horrifying Manor. The rain had stopped pouring, the sun was shining bright, and everyone was happy that we would finally be able to get out of here. I wanted to be just as happy as them, but how could I be happy when my husband was going to jail for possibly the rest of his life? How could he murder numerous people who have done nothing to him? All except for Vince McMahon. I know he hated him, but never enough to actually go through with killing him. I know my husband better than anyone. I know that he's innocent, he has to be. But unfortunately, everyone turned against him and ruled him out to be this mysterious murderer.

I finished packing up the rest of my things and let out a sigh as I was now left to making a huge decision. A secret I had been keeping was that I would be leaving WWE very soon. I hadn't planned for anything that happened last night to happen, but now that it did and now that my husband was doing jail-time because of it, I knew I would want to leave now more than ever. So, I decided to put on a brave face and go talk to Triple H about how soon I would be able to leave the company. I'd rather talk to Mr. McMahon about this, but unfortunately, Hunter was the only authority figure left.

After walking down the long halls and finally making it to Triple H's room, I knocked on the open door before entering the room. I found Triple H sadly packing up his things as well. He must've felt pretty awful about this whole situation. He lost his wife because of my husband... this conversation was going to be the most awkward one of my entire life. But the sooner I got it over with, the better. "Hey, Hunter." I spoke softly as I held my luggage in hand. "Oh hey there, AJ." He turned to me slowly as I looked up at him weakly. "How are you doing? I just thought I'd come here and make sure you were okay." "I'm managing. Though, it's really hard knowing that I lost half of my family here tonight. What am I supposed to do now? Go home and tell my three little girls? Or Shane's three boys?" He questioned as I gave him a look of sympathy. I felt awful for him.

"Look, I'm so sorry." I apologized. "No. You don't have to apologize, AJ. None of this is your fault." "I just feel like it is, you know? Phillip, Punk, is my husband. I've known him for years and years and never would have thought of him doing something as horrible as this." "It must hurt knowing someone for that long and not knowing what they're capable of." He said and I looked down. "Yeah, it does hurt. Especially being the wife of that someone." I let out a sigh as I looked back up to meet his weak eyes. "So, what happens now with the company? Will you run WWE?" I asked him and he nodded his head. "Yeah, I suppose. No one else is capable of running WWE except me now." "Well, that's kind of exciting." I tried to lighten up his mood. "I guess it is. Monday Night Raw this coming Monday is gonna be hell though." He said as I scratched the back of my head. Guess this is where I should bring up the fact that I want to retire.

It was a small moment of silence as Triple H turned his back to finish his packing. "Um... well since you're in charge now, I'm glad I came here because I actually wanted to talk to management about me retiring soon." I admitted to him. "You want to retire?" He asked. "Yeah. Honestly, I had been secretly planning this out for awhile now. I just wasn't sure when a good time would be." I explained. "It's been nothing but awkward for me working here at WWE when you clearly have heat with my husband. And now that this has happened and Punk is doing jail-time, I figured that this was the perfect time for me to make my departure from here. So, I wanted to negotiate how soon I would be able to retire." I spoke as Triple H grabbed some papers out from his suitcase and turned back to me. "Well, good thing I printed up these departing papers, huh?" Triple H said as he handed them over to me.

"Oh, you already have my departure slips?" I looked at the papers and realized that my name was printed on it already. "Yeah, I printed them up about a week ago. If I could just get your signature at the bottom, then you'd be officially retired from WWE." He explained. "I'm sorry, I'm not understanding." "What do you mean?" "I mean... you printed this up a week ago... my retirement plan was a secret until now and you were already prepared for it?" I raised an eyebrow at him, then looked at him with widened eyes when I came to the sudden realization of all of this. "Wait a second... YOU PLANNED ALL OF THIS OUT?!" I shouted out loudly as Triple H pulled out a gun and aimed it right at my face.