EIGHTEEN

so i watched the new episode of vikings right and i'm sitting there and honestly it's not as good as it once was

so i watched the new episode of vikings right and i'm sitting there and honestly it's not as good as it once was. like i think it might be the influence of TLK bc it's set like a new standard for me but all the inaccuracies of vikings just annoy me like the whole thing with alfred being king while aethelred is alive is just ???? wtf michael hirst

also freydis seems the archetypal femme fatale and i am here for it

now i'm off to watch the recent episode of doctor who bc i've been so busy writing this i haven't even watched it lmao,

btw thank u for 3.1k!! honestly it means the world and i'm proper buzzin about it so thank u. love u all. happy thursday!! woo thank u darls x

word count; 2245

Morwenna

"You should've kept your hands off her," Finan growled at him with a ferocity I had never encountered. I pushed my way to the front of the crowd, joining Uhtred and his men. Gisela squeezed my hand to comfort me but it was of little effect; the outcome of this would be unlikely to please me.

"She is mine to touch!" Thorfinn responded, "mine to plough."

It was clear Finan was fed up with Thorfinn's taunts. He could barely keep his cool, clenching his sword and lunging at Thorfinn. My husband moved swiftly away and avoided the blade, a smirk forming on his expression. He was tactical and lacked the anger Finan had; he cared little for me and just wished to reaffirm to me, to everyone, that I was ultimately his. I disagreed, Finan disagreed, likely the entirety of Wessex disagreed, but disagreement could not change what was perceived to be true.

"Finan, please," I spoke, getting both men's attention. He glanced at me and shook his head, "He isn't worth it." I continued.

"But you are," Osferth whispered to me. I turned to him, frowning, prompting him to continue speaking. "Morwenna, he's not fighting for himself. He's fighting for you."

"I do not need fighting for," I said, feeling paralysed as I watched the action unfold. "He could have left it and all would be well."

"That bruise," Sihtric added, "tells Finan that all is not well. You are his woman. He won't let you be disrespected." Sihtric shrugged, knowing it was the norm. There was no doubt in my mind that Uhtred would do the same for Gisela and Sihtric the same for his own wife, but I could not understand it. He was risking his life for something that would fade and be forgotten in but a month. All this for me. I was heartened by the fact he loved me but I could not get past the knowledge that he was facing death for me.

Finan turned to Thorfinn and held his sword eloquently, pointing it at his enemy. Thorfinn sauntered like he owned Cookham, his smirk never faltering as they circled. Neither man lunged first, merely taunting each other. I could not focus on their words, in truth; every time I heard Thorfinn's voice taunt him I felt a little sicker.