Chapter 3: The Order

Start from the beginning

"I'll try not to."

"That's what worries me." She sighed once more before saying. "I just came to make sure you were in good hands, but knowing that Severus and Remus are here, I know that you'll be safe."

"Don't worry about me, mom. I'll be fine."

"I know. You can still change your mind, though. I left this world so I could protect you. I--"

"I can protect myself mom. Besides, you should go home and make sure Paul understands everything that's going on." His mom smiled slightly, so he continued, "People have been trying to kill me all my life. I think I'll manage, considering I've survived this long."

"Just...come home for Christmas."

Percy looked around the room and noticed that everyone was still staring at the pair of them, though Sirius had some hidden emotion in his eyes. "Mom, I'll try, but you know how it is--"

"Promise me! Swear that you'll be home for Christmas this year!" His mom raised her voice slightly, startling everyone in the room. Most of them didn't know who she was, and she probably didn't know who most of them were either.

"I'll try, but that's the best I can do. I'm not going to make a promise I can't keep. Not another false promise."

Albus, sensing the tension between Sally and Percy, interrupted and said, "While Sally knows a handful of people here, she doesn't know everyone, and Percy still doesn't know anyone."

One of the men Percy's mom had smiled at earlier introduced himself. "I'm Remus Lupin. I'm a werewolf, so don't be freaked if you hear someone else say it."

Percy just took it in stride, having met cyclops and a bunch of other creatures that were more exotic than werewolves. "Percy Jackson, wizard. Though you probably knew that."

Remus smiled slightly, relieved the boy didn't freak out like most people did. Though him not being surprised at all worried Remus a little. What had the boy seen in his life if a werewolf doesn't surprise him? "If you're magic is anywhere near as good as your mother's used to be, then I'm glad you're on our team."

Percy glanced at his mother curiously, but she simply shrugged her shoulders and motioned for the next person to introduce themself.

The woman with bright pink hair smiled softly and said, "Tonks. I'm a metamorphmagus which means I can change my appearance at will." To prove her point, her hair changed from it's bright pink color to a neon green.

"Can you turn your hair blue?" She smiled and did as he asked. "Sweet." Sally glared at Percy slightly, but could help smiling at his foolishness. "What? It's my favorite color! Oh by the way, you're not on drugs are you?"

"Percy!" Sall scolded her son, not knowing where that question came from.

Everyone looked at him confused with the sudden turn in the conversation, especially Tonks. "Sorry, it's just that you said you're a megamorphine or whatever, and to be completely honest it sounds like a drug."

"Percy!" Sally looked at her son, exasperated.

Tonks, however looked amused, along with several other people in the room. Goth dude, however didn't look amused at all. "It's metamorphmagus. And no. I don't do drugs."

Percy let out an exagerated sigh of relief and said, "Thank gods." which earned him several more chuckles.

The next person was a middle-aged woman with red hair. "I'm Molly Weasley. I'm no werewolf or metamorphmagus, but I am a mother of seven, four of which are here."

The man next to her said, "Arthur Weasley, husband of Molly, which in itself is something worth celebrating." Percy smirked as Molly whacked his shoulder lightly.