"So she's always been able to shift, she's just had to wait?" My mother asked.

At this point I was lost, not only because I didn't really know what the doctor was saying but because I was so freaking tired and in so much pain.

"Why don't we give her something for the pain I mean now that we know what's going on." Dr. Mary said as she looked over to me and saw how much pain I was in.

"She will be fine, just give her a couple of days or so to heal and the pain should go away, she will also experience normal wolf things. Like her hearing, it will get better and she will be able to see better with her eyes. She will also experience an appetite change." Dr. Brain said.

"Okay, thank you again Brain." Huxen thanked the doctor and shook his hand before he left.

Soon after Dr. Mary was hooking up an IV and giving me something for the pain I was in.

It didn't take long before the medicine kicked in and I was soon closing my eyes.

*-*

The next few days went by in a blur and before I knew it I was wrapped up in blankets binge watching Once Upon a Time as Huxen sat in his office a few doors down.

I was in one of the guest rooms at his house because he didn't want me being home alone and he wanted to keep an eye on me.

I snuggled up more to the blanket I had and took a big whiff if the sent that lingered on it. I hadn't realized how amazing Huxen really smelled until know.

It may sound weird, but I loved it.

I loved being able to sense whenever he was close, to smell him coming from a mile away and just being able to talk to him without even opening my mouth.

'I'm hungry' I said through the mate link Huxen and I shared.

Over the past few days he has taught me how to use my mate link and to be able to talk to my family though the link as well.

'Again?' Huxen asked.

I had just eaten about an hour ago and I was once again hungry.

'Yes.' I told him before going back to watching my show.

Ten minutes later Huxen was walking into the room with two large pizzas and a case of water.

The doctor had told me to stay hydrated and so Huxen was making sure I had enough water to drink throughout the day.

"You're the best." I smiled at him as he handed me the boxes of pizza.

"Don't eat it all at once; you might make yourself sick." He warned before he kissed the top of my head and walked back to his office.

I sat there for a second, eyes wide and mouth ajar, and all because Huxen placing his lips against my head. He had never done that before and it was like a shock wave to my system.

'Your mother is coming by in a few.' Huxen said through the mate bond. I jumped a little at hearing his voice in my head.

It was all still a little weird, mainly because most wolves can communicate through the pack bond once they hit puberty. I on the other hand am just now getting the pleasure of doing so.

I closed my mouth and then picked up one of the boxes of pizza and began to eat.

I sat there mindlessly eating while thinking about everything that has happened so far.

I had found my mate the one I was told my entire life I would never have because I wouldn't be a normal wolf, but then come to find out if the doctors would have done the right test and double checked they would have seen I would one day shift.

I was just thankful Huxen was there or I would have more likely died from shifting. It was him I kept hearing in my head. He was the reason I pushed through all the pain and burning and came out of it. I wanted to give up. I wanted to just let the pain consume me and get rid of it. I was a baby when it came to pain.

I would have died if I did what I wanted. But instead Huxen and his wolf guided me and helped me.

I finished the first box and finally my stomach stopped growling like a wild animal. When the doctors said I'd have an increased appetite I didn't realize I'd eat an army of food and then minutes later feel so hungry like I hadn't eaten in days all over again.

Huxen and my parents said it was normal. But for me it wasn't normal. I had only eaten small meals a couple of times a day before my shift. But now I was eating at least a months' worth of food in a couple of days.

I shook my head of all my thoughts and decided to take a nice warm bath before my mother came over.

I was able to walk on my own and do everything I needed to do. My muscles were just a little sore. Which again was normal to everyone else, I on the other hand felt like I had just run two marathons back to back without stopping and then was hit by a bus.

Okay so I may be over reacting some. But still that's how I felt.

I made it to the bathroom that was connected to my room; I then started the water in the tub, finding the right temperature and began stripping my cloths.

'Be careful. And if you need me just yell.' I heard Huxen's voice in my head before everything was quiet again.

I smiled at the way he cared. He was so kind and gentle with me. It was new to me as well because I really wasn't one to date. Boy's never really caught my attention in school or out of school. At one point I thought I'd be into girls like my sister, but then I canceled that thought because I just didn't find girls attractive like I did boys.

Which is okay, and I still love my sister no matter who she loves. Her sexuality doesn't change her at all; it doesn't make me love her any less. She will still and forever be my sister.

I stripped out of my cloths and got into the water, adding my favorite vanilla bean scented bath salt.

I leaned my head back, closing my eyes and letting myself just relax, and letting my muscles relax.

Yes a bath is just what I needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I am 19 days out of my surgery and I feel so much better. I have no ear pain, and just some discomfort in my nose at times but it's because of my stitches. 

It took me a while to finish this chapter and I hope you all like it, and now that I am almost healed and everything is as it should be I can write more and not be in so much pain. 

Please dont forget to vote, comment, and shear with all your friends!

Till next time my groot friends,

Bubbleslishes aka Brittany.