chapter 8- precise lines

a serial killer, huh? thinking back on my kills, I did damage the bodies pretty well and hid two of them. I guess my special talent really was killing. no more parties and singing and dancing. no music sweets or laughter.……well, except for my own crazed giggle.

I smiled as I got comfortable in the closet. a mop lost its balance and toppled over me as its strings of still moist and dirt filled ends hung over top of my face.

"ow, hey watch it, idiot! oh, I'm talking to a mop," I giggled. "will you be my friend? I have no one else." the mop just sat in silence as I propped it back up in the corner.

"oh thank you so much! what's ur name? oh! oh! is it moppy? how about shaggy? or don't you have a name?" the mop still sat there and did nothing.

"oh well, it doesn't matter." I muttered.

I sat in silence for a minute and decided what to do for the rest of the day. I slowly opened the door and went outside to do some shopping.

every shop was closed and had their lights turned off. I trotted down the road and looked from store to store and looked in every window. I came up to the pet shop when I spotted the two most adorable creatures. in the window sat two gold fish. one orange. and the other slightly orange with white. I pressed my face up against the window and stared at them.

"oh aren't you guys just so cute? I want you. I'm gonna buy you!" I gasped. I darted inside the store to see a slightly frightened cashier. I stared at her and took out a few bits.

"I want those two gold fish in the window please!" I beamed. the cashier slowly reached out her hoof for the bits and then jerked it back and put the bits in the cash register. she smiled slightly and I grabbed the fish and ran out the door.

when I got home I immediately ran into the closet with the fish and slammed the door.

"hmm…what should I name you guys?" I asked the fish. they only stared at me with their large eyes and opened and closed their little mouthes.

"I think I'll name you mr. and mrs. blubs! its perfect!" I laughed. I set the bowl down in the corner of the closet and fed them. then I remembered who I was now.

I needed a new way to show people who I was and my place in this world. I needed everyone to see that I was a killer. then I glared down at my cutie mark. perfect.

I flipped out my knife and brought it close to my flank. I hesitated but began to impale my body with the knife and started to make my creation. I screamed and cried but still kept going.

I moved and wigged the blade deeper in some parts and not so much in others. I made precise lines as i finished digging the dagger into me and looked at my flank. it was smothered and blood and stung. but after I cleaned it off, a clean cut image of a knife appeared over top of my other cutie mark. only this one was all red and I made it myself. a new cutie mark. a new talent.

I stood up and looked proudly at my work. there was only one pony left now. and she deserved to die.

"here I come dashie."