Physical Mentality(pt2)

Nylecoy's POV:

   The darkness was still there. I knew I was asleep, but I waited to get woken up again. Even though I was unconscious, I could still think and feel. I was aware that I was in a bed instead of a blanket. I was aware that I was no longer in a mirror. I was aware that Garroth was sleeping right next to me.

  I would say that I felt peaceful for once, but I would rather not lie. There was something wrong about this.....dream landscape...thing. Yeah so far it was only darkness, but it felt weird...and familiar in a way. 

   "Did you think you could leave this?" I heard a voice say. No, I heard the voice say. I felt a cold breeze slide down my back and shivered. It felt wrong.

   I went to go speak, but my mouth clamped shut instantly. I was scared....what was I going to say? I tried to think of my sister, of my friends, of Garroth. Anything that would keep me from doing anything stupid...or at least...keep me sane enough to deal with it. However, I don't think that was working.

  The darkness soon turned into stark white, revealing a shadowy figure about my height. That's all it was really. A shadow with beady white eyes. I took a step back, clutching the collar of the overgrown sweater I stole from Garroth. My heart raced and slammed against my chest, beating loudly in my ears. It feels the same as it always did when we were in the mirror. When I was alone in the chamber. This time was different, however. It's wrong

  Just as wrong as when the chamber was taken over by, I'm assuming, this thing right here.

 Taking in a deep breath and mustering up enough courage to respond, I opened my mouth.

  "Leave what...?" My voice came out in a breathy whisper. Not as courageous as I was hoping but it was enough I guess. A grin spread across the shadow's face like a trail of white smoke. I didn't like it. 

  "Why leave your fears of course," It responded. My eyes widened when I realized what it meant.

  The chamber had followed me. 

  My breathing hitched and my legs felt as if they were ready to fall out from underneath me. I didn't want this. Why can't it leave me alone?

  No sooner than that was thought, the air around me felt thin. Cold. I pulled the sweater close around my small body, trying not to freeze. The temperature seemed to only drop more, causing the outsides of the white landscape to be laced with blue mist and frost. My teeth chattered and I felt goosebumps trail over my arms and legs. 

  Icicles began forming around me. actually, let me rephrase that. Icicles began shooting out from around me. They acted as harpoons, trying to impale a target that was so hopelessly trying to stay alive. I jumped out of the way from one spouting right underneath me, landing on my bare tiptoes. 

  Breaths heaved from my mouth in desperate attempts to grasp what little oxygen there was, making small transparent clouds from the heat of my breath. For a moment, I felt good. I felt safe. I avoided the danger. 

  "Careful where you put your feet. You might get hurt," I glanced over at the shadow, that smirk still graced amongst its darkness. My eyes widened as I glanced down, just as a handful of icicles shot out from where I was standing. 

  I screamed as I felt the icy burn go through my arms and legs, grounding me to the floor. The sharp tips were slick with a glossy red, trickling down as streams onto the fabric of Garroth's sweater. It mixed with the dark red that gushed out from around the ice that was stuck in my body. 

  My screams turned into sobs as I tried to figure out a way to release myself from this suffocating prison. 

Wake up.

  I thought to myself, well aware that my vision was becoming blurry with tears.

  Wake up or die.

  Wake up or suffer from the thing you hate most.

  Wake up or face the consequences of not being strong enough.

  Wake up or be taken away from everyone you hold dear.

  My head pounded as I grit my teeth, tasting salt from the tears that managed to stream into my mouth. I let out a scream as I yanked my right arm up, free from the ice, but covered in blood nonetheless. 

  An amused 'hmm' sounded before I heard a snap. Icicles from above me shot down,  crashing down point to point with the others. The pain from the collision shot through my veins and I screamed again, throwing my right arm around the slippery ice that went through my left. I wasn't going to be able to yank my arm out this time. 

  By this point, the temperature had gotten so low that my lips had turned blue and my lips were chattering. My skin was slowly depleting of color from the cold, and these icicles weren't helping. The tears that poured from my eyes stained my cheeks and never made it off my face. 

  I was going to freeze to death if I didn't wake up. 

  Pictures of Kitt, Aphmau, and Briana flashed through my mind. They never gave up on me. Even when we got into arguments over the most idiotic things. I've been dealing with this for 10 years.

  Although those 10 years never gave me permanent damage.

  I shook my head, yelping at the pain. Knowing that what I was about to do was risky, I closed my eyes and braced myself. 

  "I-Is this all you got?" I forced a smirk onto my lips. "I-I've suffered w-ay worse than th-is o-over the years..." My voice was hoarse from all the screaming and sobbing, but it was just loud enough to hear. 

  I opened one eye to look at the shadow, the smirk no longer there and in its place, what seemed to be some form of a scowl. 

  "Cocky now are we?" Its voice sounded the same way it did when it was mad at me for speaking. Drenched in hatred. Swallowing the urge to back down now before I really get worse, I continued. 

  "I-is it so cocky t-o state the tr-uth?" I questioned, watching as those beady eyes went from white to red in 4 seconds flat. 

  The shadow raised a hand, growing an icicle right beside it and shooting it straight towards my head.

--------

  My eyes snapped open and I shot up in a sitting position from where I lay on Garroth's bed. My head was drenched in cold sweat as I breathed heavily, feeling relieved at the sudden wave of warmth splashing over me. 

  I looked to the side to see Garroth still asleep, cuddled up to his pillow. Good, I wasn't screaming. 

  Pain spazzed through me like an adrenaline shot and I covered my mouth to stifle a sob. Slowly, I rolled up the sleeves to the sweater, using the moonlight in the window as my illuminator. 

  There were dark scars all along my arms, wherever the icicles had hit me in my dream. I uncovered my legs from the blanket and rolled up the sweats, showing me pretty much the same image. I frowned and rolled everything back down before laying back with a sigh and a wince. The clock on Garroth's nightstand read 1:15 am.

  Great.

  I thought.

  I'm not going back to sleep and it's barely morning. Didn't I go to sleep like 2 or 3 hours ago? How long did that dream last?

  I felt sore, weak, and just plain exhausted. It's weird if you think about it. I'm so utterly tired yet I can't bring myself to sleep. My gaze flew to the moon outside the window as I bring the blanket up to my chin. 

  If I can't sleep, I'll just stare at that ball of silver in the sky. 

  It must be nice to live so high out of reach. To be unfazed by any dangers or mishaps. To live amongst shining stars all the time and to never be more than a beacon of light in the darkness. Sometimes I wish I could be the moon or even a star for someone to wish on.

  But I'll never be that lucky.

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  A/N Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while! I've been so caught up in school work and family issues that I haven't found any time! I tried to make this as long as I can without causing any gaps or leaking into future things I have planned. Plus not to mention I'm doing this at 12:15 at night. I've been updating all my books recently and because I have so many it takes a while to get to them all. However, I appreciate your patience and I will continue updating as much as I can. If you feel bored waiting, go and check out some of my other books during that wait. And before you ask, I'm not discontinuing any of my books so I don't wanna hear that. The only book that has been discontinued is the "Lovin on Mystreet" one since the other author who was working on it lost interest in Aphmau all together. I am not going to do that. I love writing these books and being able to put my imaginations and inspirations out there for people to read. Now, I'm making this longer than it needs to be but oh well. Anyways, thank you again for those who have read up to this part and have waited for an update. It means a lot. Cya later kittens~!

  P.S,

   You should go check out my other books. Everything having to do with Why Don't We, or the Dolan twins belong to the other author, the original myworldjackavery. Everything else belongs to me, Unikitty124  

- One Shots (Aphmau)
-Two Hearts As One
-Wanna Hear a Secret
-The Souls That Break
-Falling Star
-Insomnia
-You Hurt Me But I Fix You
-(I might take over Something Different)
-And two draft stories that I can't wait to publish (Not soon tho lol)