bottled up

Listen to what he's saying in the start, I think in a way it kinda fits Cali's situation. Just a tiny bit.

---

"I don't know you" I hesitated.

"What?" he turned around at my words. "I don't know you" I spoke carefully. "And?" he took my hand in his big warm one.

"Just trust me" he said rather convincing.

I nodded and walked by his side, inside the building by through another door, than the one I went outside by.

I took one last look at the beautiful night sky, and went with him inside.

"So besides all the bad stuff, what do you think about Sydney so far?"

He really tried he really did, and it worked. Sydney was beautiful, but I was afraid that once I had admitted it, I would love this place.

It had the new start.

It had the beaches.

It had the cute guys (Ruel wink wink)

It had incredible sweet people.

And it had Ruel, who seemed willing to show me the bright side of the city, and it's gems.

"Well I haven't been outside too much, but on the drive from my house to here I saw a beautiful city" I admitted.

God damn.

Why did I have to look into his brown eyes, they made me spill all my truths and sins.

"See not too bad huh?"

"No, but what if I don't fit in, one thing is a beautiful city, another thing is finding friends and so on" I whispered.

"I'll be your friend"

"But you're like famous, you don't have time for me and my problems" I looked up at him with teary eyes, thinking about how much of a burden I must have been.

I cried all the time.

I complained all the time.

I only had negative things to say.

I was a burden, and Ruel was willing to carry it.

"Listen, just because I sing and have a certain amount of followers doesn't mean that I can't make friends and be there for them"

"But-"

"Not buts, you're worth it, nobody should ever feel alone"

"Do you pity me?"

"No, no I don't I just see a girl who needs someone to give her a push in the right direction" he smiled.

"Thank you" I couldn't help but embrace him. "Thank you, thank you" I mumbled into his shirt, he didn't hesitate to embrace me as well.

"You deserve whatever you don't feel like you deserve" he mumbled.

"Thank you" I pulled away to look him in the eyes, to make sure he understood how grateful I was.

No one had ever given me a real chance.

He was right, my friends were only friends with me because they pitied me, they knew what had happened a year or so ago.

They were only friends with me because the pitied me, they felt bad for me, and they thought they were better people for becoming friends with me.

But the truth is that they were worse, they made me think someone not blood related cared about me.

That was what hurt the most.

"You were right" I then confessed.

"What do you mean" he furrowed his brows at my sudden statement. "About it all, about my friends" I said.

He didn't say anything.

"I figured now that you said we were friends I might as well tell you, just to get everything off of the table" I sighed deeply, keeping my eyes tightly shut.

"Last summer, or last winter here, wait it doesn't matter-" I stopped, opening my eyes. He nodded ensuring me, that he understood my ramble.

"My eldest brother, I have-" I quickly corrected myself "-had two brothers"

Suddenly it was like the puzzle made sense in his head.

"He got drunk or that's at least what we were told, but he had never touched a sip of alcohol before in his entire life, so why would he have done it that night?" I questioned my own words.

I felt too need to cry, but I held them back, I didn't want Ruel to know too much.

"It's okay" he wrapped his long arms around my tiny frame compared to his. I rested my forehead against his chest.

To think the first time we met was tonight was crazy, he already knew more about me, than any of my family members knew.

"He got in a car, with another drunk guy, and they crashed" the sentence was rushed, it always was. 

---

Have you ever lost a family memeber

I recently just lost my grandpa. 

Remember it's important to talk about it, it helps. I bottled everything up till I basically fell apart. 

You can always DM me. 

Luv u all 

xxx yours truly