Boom Shadow turned around to look at Boom Sonic with a serious face.  He nodded, he preferred to have a talk with him than to be waiting without doing anything. They came out of the headquarters, it was already dark outside and the stars shone brightly.

"Follow me", Boom Sonic began to run and Shadow did as told. They crossed the village and then a forest. The forest seems endless, enormous trees surrounding them and suddenly Boom Shadow got a nostalgic feeling. It had been long since he ran freely like this and although Amy 's safety was still at the back of his head, he hoped that one day he could run again like this with the blue blur. They both finally came to their goal, a large cliff in where the land would meet the ocean.  Boom Sonic sat once again in the cliff, loving the extreme feeling of it. Shadow saw this an invitation to join him and he did.  This cliff reminded him of the talk they had one year ago and Shadow felt ashamed for it. Sonic was probably the closest thing he had to a friend and Shadow promised him that he wouldn't get in between Amy and him. However, his feelings were stupid an wouldn't listen to him. He knew that he should have been stronger and there were no excuses for his weakness.

"You still like Amy don't you?", Boom Sonic broke the silence and Shadow felt horrible. He thought that he was hiding it well, but seems like he was failing at it.

"I am sorry, I said I wouldn't get between you and Amy but-"

"No, it's alright. It was a year ago and I always knew that what Amy felt for you was strong...it was actually me the one getting in your way. I don't want to be an obstacle to anyone's happiness", Sonic interrupted Shadow. He didn't want to make him feel bad, love was complicated especially to the ones who are new to the feeling.

"Don't you love her?", Shadow asked him to baffle at his answer, he can tell now why Sonic was loved by everyone and how slowly he had the respect of even his enemies.

"I do...I wholeheartedly do. However, this year I realized many things. To love doesn't mean to possess and I love Amy so much that I prefer to see her happy with someone else than for her to fake a happiness with me...but Shadow, do you love her?

    Shadow took a moment to take a deep breath, look at the stars and finally after reflecting for a second, he answered.

"Before, I used to have this weird feeling whenever I was with Amy. My heart will race fast, my hands would sweat and I felt like I could faint any second. Amy is so different from me, she's kind and compassionate. However I am just full of darkness, but Amy puts the darkness away. She completes m-"

"Alright, Alright you do, I just asked you if you loved her, not a freaking poem"

"YOU INSENSITIVE HEDGEHOG!"

    Shadow was embarrassed and he wanted to throw a punch at him but Sonic was fast enough to avoid that. Using that moment he stood up again, feeling energetic as always and Sonic smirked as he found Shadow's embarrassing face the most hilarious thing in the face of the planet.

"Come on, let's go back and get your girl"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

     Tails, Boom Sonic, Modern Sonic, Boom Shadow and Modern Shadow were already on their way to Angel Island. Time wasn't in their favor as her as the weather was not getting any better as it began to rain heavily making the Tornado to slow down. The tornado wasn't that big either and been an open airplane was the worst too at a time like this. It was quiet and at the moment you could only hear the clicks and clacks of the Chaos Emeralds hitting each other in the brown bag Modern Sonic had them in.