6. Zayn - I Forget To Say Goodbye

Start from the beginning

"I don't think you understood me, son. I'm saying it will be helpful if we don't find you doing any funny business, you know." He wiggled his greying eyebrows at me, a smirk pasted on his thin lips.

My eyebrows arched and I tried to stifle the laugh that ached my stomach, but I finally gave in.

I beamed at him stupidly, shaking my head in disbelief. Winking, he went back to his work- whatever paperwork he pretended to have, and I jogged up to my dorm.
It should be a bit more familiar than it was today morning.

Shutting the door behind me, I slumped on the wooden door when I saw the twin bed replaced by two poster beds. Sighing, I reached for my phone.

To Lou :

Hey :) x

From Zayn

Lou typing...

"It's like he was waiting..." I smiled, that widened when I thought how Louis never failed to make my heart melt.

Lou typing...

To Lou :

Typing a novel, are we?

From Zayn

From Lou :

YOU WON'T FREAKING BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED!!!! ZAYNIIEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS WORLDDDDDDD! YOU WON'T BELIEVE!!

To Zayn

To Lou :

IF YOU WILL TELL ME I'LL DECIDE ON MY OWN!

From Zayn

From Lou :

FIRST TELL ME IS THIS GOING TO BE YOUR NUMBER FROM NOW ON???

To Zayn

To Lou :

YES LOUIS NOW STILL THE BEANS!

From Zayn

From Lou :

GOTTA SAVE YOUR NUMBER FIRSSST!

To Zayn

To Lou :

Spill*

From Zayn

From Lou :

YOU AND YOUR SPELL CHECK! CAN I CALL YOU?!!

To Zayn

To Lou :

WHY ARE YOU ASKING?

From Zayn

Lou typing...

Lou calling

I answered the phone and I could feel Louis had been jumping this whole time.

"Are you ready for the big news?" He wheezed, his voice filled with mirth. It made me squirm as well.

"Yeah?" I demanded, sitting on the bed. I didn't like the feel of it at all. It was harder than I'd anticipated.

"I got it." Louis spoke with persistence. My heart skipped a beat, if this was what I thought it was...

"Are you talking about what I think you're talking about th-"

"Yes." He pressed. "Yes, that's what I'm talking about! I got it Zayn, he liked it! He bloody liked it!"

I covered my mouth but it still couldn't suppress the wide grin that spread across my face. My cheeks flushed and I wanted to jump. "Gosh, Louis." I murmured, squeezing my eyes shut.

This was what I didn't like about myself. The way I always reacted to things-things that I was sensitive towards.

My excitement would almost kill me inside-bubbling, inflicting to the point where I was unable to express it. All coming down to a low murmur.

"Shit man, I can see you right here you know, I can just imagine how you're saying this!" Louis yelled, successfully making me emotional.

"Louis, I don't the what to say mate- I am- I'm so proud.. I knew it! I knew it, I told you right? I told you to believe in yourself! See? You are going to smash it, Lou. I see it, I see it so clearly!"

He stayed silent for some time, while I counted those minutes. Waiting. "Don't make me emotional now, you sentimental freak!" Louis chuckled, his voice nearly cracking. He took another pause, and I chose to stay silent myself. "Zayn I am so happy." He whispered, "I'm so so happy Zayn, I wish you were here."

"Me too." I replied without hesitation.

"Zayn do you think- shit, Zayn I'll talk later. I'll talk later okay?"

I knew what this meant, he couldn't get caught again.

"Bye-" He spoke under his breath. Before I could reply, the call disconnected.

I stared at the phone.

Call duration : 20 min.

When did our talks start to became any less than an hour?

I gazed outside the window, watching the trees that were tall enough to reach up till here.

Absquatulate. The word echoed in my mind, reminding me the meaning. I opened my phone again, clicked Louis' name to message him at least.

My fingers typed the word but the phone almost dropped from my hand when I heard someone rap against the door.

"Zayn? Zayn, can I come in?"

Mr. Mulligan.

I went to answer the door, keeping the phone on the bed. My phone lay there, waiting for me to hit send. Guess that never happened.

Absquatulate, to leave without saying goodbye.

________________________________________________

I tried to experiment with my writing style.

And, any theories? Or thoughts?

Was this chapter a bit vague?

Thank you for reading!

Vote, comment, review and criticise!

LOVE YA ALL!