Part 32 - Don't tell anyone...

Start from the beginning

They entered the restaurant in pairs and waited to be seated; Armaan kept going on about how much he was going to eat as he was starving while Atul and Riddhima teased him about being a "bhukad" (starving person); Anjali as usual took his side and stuck up for him.

They headed to the food counter and started helping themselves to the hot, delicious starters; Riddhima stayed back a while with Armaan while Anjali and Atul headed to the salad bar.

"This was your idea wasn't it...?" she asked him.

He nodded with a sly grin and she shook her head; "I don't believe you would do this to me..."

"I didn't do it purposely to disturb you...actually you have to blame Abhi and Su for this..." he told her.

She raised her eyebrow at him; "Abhi and Su?"

"Yeah...because of them I just had the urge to take you out on a date...and this was the only way..." he grinned; "...sorry..."

"You're unbelievable..." she grinned.

They walked back to their table and the four of them had a great evening dinning, laughing and having a great time. Armaan just enjoyed every moment spent with Riddhima; even if it meant teasing or romancing; once they were together that's all he cared about.

Once they had finished their dinner; two hours later; they headed to Baskin Robbins for ice creams and milkshakes; yet again having a good time until late into the night. It was past twelve when they dropped Riddhima home and she thanked them for a wonderful evening.

She made her way up to bed after wishing her parents goodnight; she flopped onto her bed and quickly typed a Whatsapp message to Armaan; "Thanks for the best date ever...love you..."

"You're welcome...love you too...good night..."

She smiled and quickly got dressed for bed; once her head had touched the pillow she was out to the world; it had been a long day but it had ended perfectly and she wished for more like this as she slept peacefully...

...The end of term dragged on like the first half did and once again Riddhima found herself counting down the days to the Christmas holidays. She woke up slightly late on a Friday morning; a week into December; she groaned as she switched off her alarm and jumped out of bed. She whipped open her curtains to see a rainy morning; groaning some more she rushed into the bathroom.

Sometime later when she was ready she rushed down the stairs; she was late and in a bad mood but as she entered the kitchen she saw Shashank sitting at the breakfast table looking a bit worried and Padma was rushing around.

"Good Morning papa...morning mama..." she said looking from one to the next hoping someone would say something.

"Riddhima beta..." Padma started; she was about to say something but changed her mind; "...have your breakfast..."

Riddhima sat down; she started on her breakfast and stared from Padma to Shashank who looked up at her with a worried look; "Riddhima beta...an emergency has come up and we need to go up north for some time..."

Riddhima now looked even more concerned; "Papa...what's wrong?"

He was about to say something when the doorbell rang; Shashank got up; looking at Padma who nodded.

He left the room; and Padma walked towards her; "Riddhima...there's something but we can't say right now...we might have to stay for a week...stay at Juhi Auntie's house...when we come back we'll tell you...right now you just think about your studies and don't worry...we'll call you...we are leaving in half an hour..."