Curiosity

Edward p.o.v :

I don't appreciate surprises.
After living for decades, reading countless of minds and experiencing the impossible... One thinks that nothing can enlighten curiosity in One's mind... but I was wrong. This girl, she has something very peculiar about her... her agility and the way she was in so much pain, almost like the pain of turning into a vampire; I knew that courtesy to Jasper's thoughts.

If some students weren't thinking of the new girl then, now it's all over their thoughts, boys or girls are all curious on what was wrong and how they'll make her situation work for them to get closer to her. Those thoughts were very unpleasant for me to hear.
" do you think that we need to speak with Carlisle about this?" Emmet spoke, his voice was too low to be heard by human ears . His wife rolled her eyes beside him
" we have to, our mind reading brother can't read hers and we have no idea why was she in so much pain only when she was closer to us, and why was she so shocked and scared when she catch glimpses of us?" Rosalie was annoyed that there is a possibility of us moving away again. She likes it here... we all do , despite of the treaty line and the wolves keeping an eye on us. But that was not the only thing she was annoyed about. She thinks that the red haired girl is beautiful, almost as beautiful as her and she is Just human. Something that does not happen everyday.... for decades.

I must admit that she is enchantingly beautiful, even with a pained expression. I have never been this struck by a woman before, and it is very uncomfortable feeling. I felt like I want to help her out of her pain, I wanted to get closer to her like she was lulling me in and Alice most definitely knows something we don't .

" are you going to say something Alice, and please stop chanting Britney Spears in your head, at least choose something pleasant " I complain while driving them to our house, Jasper and Alice usually ride with me.Jasper most definitely prefers not to catch Emmet's ... excitement or lust most of the time he is next to his wife. And Alice doesn't mind riding with me or with Emmet.
" I can't say anything Edward, nothing that you'd want to know before the others" she replied with her usual chirpy tone, meaning that the future doesn't hold something unpleasant if she is in a good mood.
I huff annoyed of the lack of information, Jasper is amused that for the first time, I'm the one who knows nothing and in the dark about this. I shake my head glaring at him when he joined his wife in the singing mind with his western accent just to annoy me more.

Soon enough, we were scattered around our living room discussing today's event " her name is Mable du lac, she moved in to forks a week ago, coming from North Africa but people's mind can't remember where exactly. We know nothing about her. But apparently she read a book that talks about your family's early history " informing my family about all I could gather about her in students and teachers' mind. Carlisle seems in deep thought ' du lac? Could she be descendants from Louis and Ledea's ?' I frown " who are they?" I question, they were used to my sudden questions from reading their minds .
Carlisle shook his head " old friends from Europe, we met in 1713 in France, they were the first vampires who had the same diet and lifestyle as us. We studied law together and I stayed with them for a decade" he smiled missing his old friend, I only catches glimpse of their faces in his mind, obviously was a long time since they met. " his name is Louis de point du luc and his sister Ledea " I nod,
" she has a heart beat, and she can eat , almost as much as a werewolf. We couldn't get closer to catch her scent to check, Jasper felt her pain.., " looking at Jasper to explain more.
Our family attention went to jasper now, he fidgeted a little, a human habit that he still has, never liking attention on him
" I only noticed her when her pain was overwhelming, if she was feeling uncomfortable or nervous Before , I would've noticed, since she catches all our attention with  her last comment, her pain began with a headache that is impossible for a human to bare, it was excruciating and I had to detach myself from feeling her emotions since then.." he shrug but his memory was clear that he felt how painful it was, it shocked me that a human girl can feel all that pain without screaming bloody murder.
Carlisle had a thoughtful expression but said nothing " we will keep an eye on her... " before he gets to finish, Alice stood up dancing her way to our father figure and held his arm reassuringly
" don't worry you paranoid vampires... Mabel and I will be great friends!" Rosalie rolled her eyes and walked angrily to the garage. Esme smiled at the petite girl walking to stand beside her mate who wrapped his hand around her waist smiling at her like she is his sun and moon.
Living in a house full of mated vampires is, sometimes, very uncomfortable. Seing how perfect they are for each other. It makes this damned immortal curse... a little bit tolerable.

~If only I found her~

A/N: I'm back! Finally... I'm sorry for my very very very late update. If you enjoyed reading this please vote and comment!