30: Evolution

My nerves were all over the place. In just a few hours I would be having my match with Toni Storm in the finals of the Mae Young Classic and it's happening at the first ever all women's Pay Per view.

I arrived at the arena hours ago just wanting to take it all in. If you would have told me when I was a little girl that I'd be here at this event, I wouldn't have believed you. The best part is, we're just getting started.

As I'm walking the arena, my phone starts ringing. "Hello?"

"Hey babe, I'm not far from the arena. Where did you park?" Seth asks me.

"I rode in with Toni but just park around back and I'll let you in."

"Okay." I smile as I hang up the phone and make my way to the back of the arena to let him in.

I open the door and step out to see him getting out of the car, locking it, and walk towards me.

He had his hair up in a bun, sunglasses on his face, grey skinny jeans, and one of my merch shirts. He smiles when he notices me looking at him. "Hey fiance." He says and presses his lips to mine.

"Hi." I blush and look down and he took my hand and led us inside.

"Wow. This place looks amazing. You ready?" He asks and I nod.

"I'm nervous and excited, I mean this is a huge deal for women." He smiles at me. "What?" I ask and shakes his head.

"I'm just so proud of you." He says, lacing his fingers through mine. He looks down at our hands and smiles at the sight of my engagement ring on my finger. I'm the luckiest guy in the world."

"You're gunna make me cry. Good thing I haven't gone to make up yet." I laugh and he laughs to, wrapping his arm around me and pulling me close and presses a kiss to my forehead.

"I love you Marlie."

"I love you too, Seth."
*************************************************************************************
"This match is candidate of match of the year for sure"

"They are putting on a clinic"

"They both deserve to win."

All the chants and support from the fans during Toni and mines match is absolutely incredible. I didn't win the tournament but I felt like I won in life because I got to work with a woman that I have looked up to. My fiance was front row. The pop from the crowd and the match itself was just all around a euphoric feeling.

After the match, Toni and I hugged in the ring and we're both crying and she raised my arm to show respect and it was admirable.

Seth met me backstage because he said he didn't want to ruin my moment but I don't see how anything could. He wrapped my sweaty, tired body in his arms and kept saying sweet things along the lines of he was proud of me and that I did amazing.

I finally made it back to my locker room and Seth followed me there. I took a seat and sat there for a few minutes just thinking about what just happened.

"How do you feel?" He asks, looking down at me and that's when I started crying again.

"I feel like I just made everyone proud. That match right there, was me. If there was any match to determine who I was, or what match to show someone to become a fan of mine, it's that one. I mean that was incredible."

"You made everyone a fan of Marlana the moment you stepped through the doors of wwe. Tonight you proved why you are Marlana and I think Toni is your wrestling soul mate because the story you just told was beautiful."

There was a kick on my door and Toni made her way in. "Sorry if I'm interrupting but I just wanted to cone by and tell you that I have never had a match like that before. We can run the women's division. What do you say about tagging with me?"

My jaw dropped and I nodded my head so fast. "Yes! Absolutely!"

"Great, I'll see you soon but tonight I think we all have some celebrating to do." She said and winked at Seth and I before leaving the room.

"What is my life right now?!" I scream and Seth laughs. "I have a wonderful fiance, just had the best match of my life at the first all women's Pay Per View and now Toni wants me to be in a tag team with her?!"

"This my love, is called the moment where you realize you've made it. That all the hard work, the trials and tribulations, the late nights of crying wondering if you can go any longer pay off. You've done it babe and this is only the beginning."

He was right, the path of Marlana Nicole was just getting started.