Peace Isn't Forever

Harry 'enjoyed' his time without worrying about Voldemort. In fact, he didn't worry about any mortal danger because there wasn't any, and everyone had thought the remaining Death Eaters were being smart and not exposing themselves by causing chaos. So ultimately, Harry had nothing major to worry about.

Until he met Draco up for coffee and suddenly out of the blue he was attacked, and from then on, he had to worry about his protection.

Whoever the bloody hell was mental enough to attack Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy at the same time, must have some idiotic plan in mind, because no one just did that.

Harry may have been busy with Draco, and may have seemed to have forgotten just what got them into the mess, but no, he most definitely hadn't forgotten. Considering the shock was long gone, replaced with the anger and need to know who was behind this.

In a morning, after their usual spiel of breakfast (they were having french toast and sausage), Harry sat down on his chair, tea in hand, waiting for Draco to get his, and for the daily owl to drop by and bring him The Prophet.

He sipped his tea as Draco grabbed his own and sat on his lap like he had become so accustomed to do after the first time.

A tiny yawn escaped his pink lips, and Harry took this as a chance to kiss them. They kissed back, then pulled away and smiled.

"I missed this,"Draco said, running his hand through Harry's messy bed head."Our mornings like this."

Harry nodded, closing his eyes as he felt that familiar movement in his hair."So did I. You know it's actually much harder to find you in a mansion named after you, then it is in public?

"Is it now?"the Slytherin asked with a laugh.

It almost felt surreal, being around Draco like this. The thought always ran through Harry's mind, but considering he had his memories, and his memories very much did not radiate this kind of future, he couldn't shake the thought away. He wasn't complaining, but it wasn't like he was used to this kind of attention though.

Girls liked to ogle and stare at him, actually, everyone did. It was rarely ever anyone actually talked to him, and he didn't really count Romilda Vane's chocolate cauldron mishap.
That almost led to murder.

Cho Chang was a disaster, a disaster Harry admitted started from the Triwizard Competition, and a disaster that had no hope from the beginning. Cedric Diggory was attractive, but nothing came out of that, and either way, it would have been pointless. Not only because Cho and him hooked, but also the obvious...

Luna Lovegood could have been something, but in the end, they were good as what they already were, friends. Ginny was a different story. She liked him from the beginning, and he hadn't thought anything of it until sixth year, and even then, it didn't last.

Coincidentally, Draco was always around, always going through the trouble of embarrassing him or 'putting him in his place' whenever he was around his crushes or possible interests.

The man went to the trouble to climbing a bloody tree to get his attention for Merlin's sake.

In a way, Harry realized, Draco probably wasn't that much of a twist.

A tap sounded at the window, snapping him out of his thoughts, and with a wave of his wand, the owl fluttered in, dropped The Prophet, gathered his pay, and flew back out. Harry unrolled the paper, but as he caught glance of the headline, gave a start and a spilled his tea just barely, splashing on Draco.

"What the bloody hell-!"he jumped off his lap with an angry yelp, but once he caught glance of Harry's face, his voice softened,"Harry what's wrong?"

"It's...The Prophet-"he showed him the paper, shaking his head with filled worry.