cold love

For some reason you always seemed to find yourself in toxic relationships. Your relationship with Billie wasn't necessarily toxic it's just she is a different person in public. It hurt but you couldn't let her go.

"Babbbyyyy...." Billie said. "Hmm. You said scrolling through your phone. "Pay attention to meeeeeee." She whined. You looked at her silently. She gave you a silly look and you smiled. She kissed your cheek and stood up. "Let's go do something. I'm so bored." She said. "Uh. Why don't you go with someone else." You sighed. She pouted. "Well I was thinking about a group of us but I want you there." She said pulling you up off the couch. "I don't know. I don't really wanna go out." She frowned. "Please baby." She looked at you with puppy dog eyes and you sighed taking her face in your hands kissing her softly. "Fine." "Yes!" She said running off to get ready.

"Billieeee." Your friend, Damien, yelled as you two walked into his house. "Hey y/n!" "Hey." You sighed. "So. What are we doing?" He asked. "Ugh. I don't know. Let's go to the movies?" Billie suggested. "Okay cool! Do you guys care if my homeboy comes?" He asked. "Nah." Billie said. You just shrugged. You three got ready to leave.

"Why are you being so weird?" Billie asked. "I'm not." You said. She went to grab your hand but stopped when Damien walked around the corner. "Alright. Theater 3." He said. You nodded and lead the group into the theater. You picked your seats and sat and got ready for the movie. "We'll go get popcorn." Damien said pulling his friend with him." Billie looked at you but you were on your phone. "Y/n?" She whispered. "What?!" You said kind of harshly. "What's your problem?" She asked. You looked at her and saw Damien walk back into the theater. You grabbed her hand. Billie went to pull away and she glared at you when you wouldn't let her. "That is what's wrong." You said. "I forgot my wallet." He said quickly grabbing it and leaving again. Billie sat back in her seat and didn't say another word the entire time.

Once the movie was over Billie wanted to go get ice cream but you went home. "I'm not feeling well. I'm just gonna head home." You said. Damien frowned and hugged you. You left quickly not looking at Billie.

Once you were home you went to your shared bedroom and crawled under the covers and fell asleep. You didn't lie. You didn't feel good but it was a different kind of not feeling good. It was emotional. When Billie came back after and hour she looked for you. When she walked into the bedroom she saw you were asleep and she let you be and sat in the living room unit you woke up. 

You groaned when you heard a crash in living room. Getting up you decided to check it out. You peeped your head down the hallway and saw Billie standing next to a broken glass. "Billie?" You asked quietly. She jumped and turned around. "Oh god you scared me!" She said. "What happened?" You asked. "I uh. Missed the table." You chuckled and started picking up the big shards. "You don't have to do that! I got it!" She said. You looked up at her and then back down at the pile. It's done anyways." You said going to throw the glass shards away. You grabbed a bottle water out of the fridge and went back to you room. Billie entered the room after a few minutes. You ignored her until she spoke. "Y/n? Are you mad at me?" She questioned. You looked at her. "No." You said rolling over so your back was to her. "Well you're acting like it!" She said raising her voice slightly. You rolled your eyes and scrolled through your phone. She got up and walked out of the room slamming the door. You groaned and closed your eyes. You heard the front door open and closed and you just went back to sleep.

An hour later you were woken with your phone going off. You didn't look to see who it was, you just answered it. "Hello?" You asked. "Y/n? Why is Billie here crying? Did you two get in a fight?" Finneas aaked on the other like. "I don't know why she's upset Finneas." You said coldly. He paused. "Well it sounds like you do so why don't you tell me. Are you mad at her?" He asked. You sighed. "I'm going to put you on speaker." he said. "It's just I'm tired of her acting different towards me in public! We're together but when we're in public she ignores me! I love her. I really fucking do but this two faced, cold love shit....I'm over it!" You said choking up on tears. Finneas sighed. "So excuse me for getting upset!" And with that you hung up. He tried calling back but you ignored it.

Another hour had passed and you were watching Netflix on your phone when you heard the front door open and close. You heard voices in the hallway. The door opened and you knew who it was so you didn't bother to look. "Y/n? Are you awake?" She asked. You could tell she had just stopped crying. "Yeah." You said. "Baby I'm sorry! I- I didn't mean to hurt you!" She said beginning to cry again. The sound of her crying made you cry. "Okay." Was all you could say. You wanted to yell at her. You wanted to tell her how hurt you were but you couldn't. She walked over to the bed and sat at your feet. "Please look at me." She said. You say up. Her eyes were a dull blue and puffy and red. You sniffled and didn't look at her. "Baby. Please. Please forgive me." She whispered. You sighed. "I will. But-" "I promise. I'll stop being an ass. I love you babygirl." She said. You gave a small smile at the pet name. "I love you too." You said. She jumped you and climbed on top of you. "Thank god." She said. You kissed her and she pulled back shocked. "What?" You laughed. "Nothing." She said. Kissing you harder.