Chapter 7: Nothing But The Truth

Começar do início

"And you didn't tell me that you can't drink soda!" Louie accused.

"I'm saving your teeth and preventing diabetes! You're. Welcome!" May seethed.

"Guys!" Webby yelled. "Stop fighting."

"Webby's right, we need to focus on fixing this." April pointed out.

"We'll tell Aunt Daisy the truth." Huey told them.

"Hubert-"

"I've made up my mind, Dewford," Huey insisted stubbornly, "we'll call you once we tell her."

And with that, he hung up.

"Well that went spectacularly." May deadpanned.

"I'll go get some snacks." April offered. She walked out the door, and immediately bumped into someone.

"Sorry!" She apologized, before realizing who it was. "Uh oh...."

"Uh oh indeed." Scrooge nodded.

"How much of that did you hear?" She laughed nervously.

"Only enough." The rich duck replied. "So you're Daisy's niece?"

"You know my aunt?" She inquired.

"The lass basically grew up with Donald and Della!" He exclaimed. "I knew 'er well enough."

"Can you not tell Uncle Donald?" She begged. Scrooge thought a moment.

"Ah won't," he told her, "you made yer own mess, and you'll have to clean it up yourselves, lass! It was Webbigail's amulet, wasn't it?" April nodded.

"Ah, of course," Scrooge smiled fondly, before leaning in, and whispering. "And you, your sisters and your aunt are welcome in the family any time."

And with that, Scrooge McDuck walked away down the hall. April let out a long breath as she headed down to the kitchen. The nervousness from her encounter with Scrooge had not gone away and did not prepare her for what was about to happen next.

"Hubert!" Marianna said sweetly. April frowned.

"You can drop the act." She said quietly. Marianna scowled.

"And I thought you were the nice one," she snapped, "but it appears I was wrong."

"You aren't," she replied, "I just don't like you."

"Listen here, Huey," Marianna told her, speaking the name as if it were poison, "your little shy act, it's getting you no where. I am marrying your uncle, whether you like it or not? Understand?"

"Absolutely." She nodded.

The boys said to buy them some time, and so time she would buy.

"Uncle Donald," she called, "can I ask you something?"

-

"I don't get it!" Huey exclaimed, running his fingers through his hair. "Why would she be interested in Uncle Donald?!"

"Don't ask me." Dewey shrugged. Louie sighed.

"Money." He suggested. Huey and Dewey blinked.

"What?" Dewey asked. Louie rolled his eyes.

"Seriously guys?" He sighed. "Money."

"Money?" Huey repeated.

"Her first target would be Uncle Scrooge, but he's too old for her, too hard to get from the outside AND he'd never fall for that trick." Louie pointed out. Huey thought for a moment.

"Louie's right." He sighed, glancing up at the stairs. "We definitely need to tell Aunt Daisy."

"But Huey-"

"No!" Huey exclaimed, moving backwards. "Mickey and Minnie already know - she's going to have to find out at some point! And that point needs to be now! Unless you two want to be May and June forever."

Huey watched as his brothers exchanged looks. He smiled slightly as Dewey nodded.

"Fine," He muttered, "what do we need to do?"

"First of all, one of us needs to tell her." Huey pointed out.

"I'll do it." Louie offered.

"Great. Let's do this." Huey grinned confidently. Daisy was talking on the phone in bed, but once she hung up Louie walked on. Huey watched nervously as Louie sat down on the bed.

"May, I know the past few days have been hard on you, so I was thinking that tomorrow after I send in that interview from yesterday, we can all go see a movie. How does that sound?" Daisy asked.

"I'd love to, Aunt Daisy, but I have to go out of town." Louie replied. Daisy looked confused.

"Out of town?" She inquired. "Where?"

"...." Louie didn't say anything, before jumping off the bed and running into the halls. Huey was even more worried. He followed as Daisy chased Louie down the hall.

"May!" She called. "May, come back here!"

"That's where I have to go!" Louie exclaimed. "I have to go see May!"

"And where is May?"

"In Duckburg with her uncle, Donald Duck."

"....What?" Daisy blinked.

"I'm not May," Louie admitted, "I'm Louie. We met up at summer camp and switched bodies using this amulet. I'm sorry."

"And I'm Huey." Huey spoke up.

"Dewey." Dewey added. Daisy began to cry slightly.

"Oh, that explains a lot," she laughed slightly, "like, a lot."

"You're going to have to switch us back now." Dewey sighed sadly. Daisy nodded, pulling him into a hug.

"Well you boys belong to Donald and the girls belong to me." She told him. Dewey rolled his eyes.

"So we weren't allowed to know about our cousins." Louie remarked. "That was a terrible idea."

"I know, we were young and childish." Daisy sighed. "But I'll talk to Donald and this will all be sorted out. I'll be able to see you boys more often - and as yourselves, I hope."

"I hope so too." Huey laughed. "I'm going to go call Uncle Donald."

Huey slipped off, his brothers close behind, dialing May's phone number. He tapped his foot impatiently before the girl picked up.

"You told her?" April's voice inquired from the other side.

"She said she'll get everything sorted out." Huey promised. April let out a sigh of relief.

"Good." She said in her soft voice. "We'll meet at the Stafford Hotel."

"Sounds like a plan." Huey nodded. "See you then."

"What did he say?" Daisy asked, making Huey jump and drop the phone.

"He said that we'll be meeting at the Stafford Hotel," Louie said, "he also said he can't wait to see you."

"Liar, liar, pants on fire." Dewey whispered harshly.

"Shh." Huey told them.

"I'll call Mickey and Minnie and see if they can come," Daisy sighed, "I need the emotional support."

"You can dew it, Aunt Daisy!" Dewey cheered, causing his brothers to roll his eyes. Huey glanced out the window into the afternoon sky. He sighed.

He loved Daisy, but he missed Donald. He couldn't wait to go home.