Chapter 6: Complications & Revelations

"You were up late last night." Scrooge observed. June smiled.

"Oh, we were just talking to our friend from camp, Hallie-Anne." She lied. "She lives in New York!"

"So you waited until it was 3:00 AM her time to call her?" The rich duck asked with an eyebrow raised.

"She's on vacation with her family," she blurted out, "in Bora Bora!"

"Haha, yeah!" April laughed nervously. "Bora Bora!"

"Leave the lying to me." May whispered harshly. June rolled her eyes.

"Where's Uncle Donald?" She asked curiously.

"He and Miss I'll Take Half A Grapefruit Please left about half an hour ago." Mrs Beakley replied. "They left for a picnic in the park."

"Do you think they'd mind if we joined?" June continued, picking up a chocolate chip pancake and shoving it into her beak whole. Her sisters cringed while Webby smiled.

"Launchpad can take us!" Webby offered. The aforementioned pilot looked up and nodded enthusiastically.

"I missed hanging out with my best buddy!" He grinned. June, feeling the teensiest bit bad, ran over to give the larger duck a hug. She laughed when he picked her up and gave her a way-too-tight hug.

"Launchpad," She wheezed, "you're suffocating me."

"Sorry," Launchpad grinned, "I just missed ya!"

"Alright then, let's go!" Webby cheered. June followed her older sister over to the door, watching as April fidgeted with the knob.

"It's push, Huey!" Scrooge called. April laughed nervously once more and opened the door.

With Launchpad's driving, they all arrived at the park in no time. They spotted Donald and Marianna sitting on a hill, eating and laughing.

She immediately took off from the others' side to run towards Donald, but found herself tripping and falling as she brushed shoulders with someone else.

"You ok?" A voice asked. She looked up to meet eyes with a boy her age....who was actually kinda cute.

"Uhhhhh....uh huh. Yeaaah." June replied, placing her hands on her hips and rocking back and forth Webby-style.

"Okay....good." The boy replied before walking off.

"You're staring." Webby whispered as May dragged her off towards the adults.

"Uh wuh?" She blinked.

"Kids?" Donald blinked, then looked over at Launchpad, who waved. "....and Launchpad? What are you doing here?"

"Oh, nothing Uncle Donald," May replied innocently, "we just wanted to spend some time with you!"

"Louie, is there something you aren't telling me?" Their uncle asked.

"Absolutely not!"

"Are you sure that isn't actually Louie?" April whispered to June. She shrugged. May had always been a pretty good actress.

"So hi Marianna!" June greeted. "How are you?"

"Good." The woman replied, not meeting her gaze.

"You know, Marianna, you know all about us but we know nothing about you!" April exclaimed, sitting down besides her with her legs cris-crossed. "How old are you?"

"Twenty."

"Woah, you're almost old enough to drink!" Webby said.

"I suppose." Marianna shrugged, shooting Webby an irritated look. June felt slightly angry as Webby sat back on her feet, looking a bit angry and upset.