Chapter 5: Surprises

"Who ARE you?!"

The intensity in Webby's voice didn't scare May - she wasn't one to get frightened. But she felt admittedly nervous about their cover being blown this quickly.

"I...I'm...we, um, I-" April tried to stammer out, before May swooped in to save her older sister from certain doom - and before June started talking and made everything worse.

"My name is May, and these are my sisters April and June," she began cautiously, "we met Huey, Dewey and Louie at summer camp and we all decided to switch bodies."

Webby let go of her tight grip on April's shoulders, causing her to let out a sigh of relief and readjust Huey's hat on her head.

"Why did you switch bodies?" Webby interrogated, pacing around them. June blinked.

"Why are you doing that? Were you a vulture in a past life?" June asked, leaning into May's shoulder.

"Because our Aunt Daisy used to be married to their Uncle Donald and we really just want Aunt Daisy and Uncle Donald to be happy and also I've really always wanted a Dad and-" April let everything gush out at once, like water from a fountain. Webby's eyes seemed to light up.

"Omigosh, you're THAT April, May and June!" Webby exclaimed. "I didn't even realize - probably because you don't look like yourselves right now - but omigosh!"

"Wait...." May blinked, trying to organize the facts in her head, "you knew about us, but the boys didn't?"

"Oh, I didn't know about you guys until about three weeks ago," Webby blushed, "I was going through some old photos in these boxes that I found and I found a bunch of you guys. And I've always looked up to your aunt! Donald, the daring adventurer and Daisy, his childhood friend! One of the greatest love stories of all time!"

"I'm a sucker for a good love story." April sighed dreamily.

"Agreed!" June exclaimed.

"Yeah, yeah, true love's kiss and stuff," May nodded tiredly, "could you tell us why they broke up?"

"Oh," Webby deflated, "I dunno."

"You don't know?!" June cried, grabbing Webby by the hands. "Can you un-dunno? 'Cause we need someone to know!"

"There's nothing on it!" Webby protested. "I couldn't tell you even if I wanted to!"

"Great, we're back at square 1." May groaned. "Nothing valuable to learn here. Let's go meet Uncle Donald-"

"Wait!" Webby exclaimed. "Do you mind if I ask you a couple questions?"

"Like what?" April blinked.

"Where do you live?!" The other girl asked. "What's your zodiac sign?! Does Daisy make your clothes?! What's it like being in another person's body?!"

"Mouseton." April replied, still visibly shaken.

"Cancer!" June answered confidently.

"No." May stated flatly.

"Weird." All three said at the same time. "Stop doing that!"

"I guess you are kind of like them." Webby giggled. "I'll help you unpack."

Webby led them to their room - Huey, Dewey and Louie's room, rather - and helped unzip the bags.

"Do you know what Uncle Donald's surprise is?" May asked, curious as she folded Louie's hoodies into a pile before attempting to cram them into the drawer.

"Unfortunately, yes." Mrs Beakley replied from the doorway. "We know the surprise."

That's when May noticed someone outside the window, on the houseboat. It was a woman leaning on edge of the boat. That's when Donald approached, embracing him. She grabbed June's camera, holding it up to her eye and zooming in. She cringed in repulse and anger when they kissed. She put the camera down.