Chapter 3: Switched

"Hey, what's Aunt Daisy like?" Huey asked. The six of them had managed to climb into one bed, none of them felt like sleeping alone that night.

"Well, she works for the newspaper," April yawned, "but she's also really famous for her work at Aunt Minnie's shop."

"A princess in Greece just bought one of her dresses!" June added.

"Wow..." Louie breathed, clearly half asleep. They all were silent a moment.

"Isn't it weird that neither Uncle Donald or Aunt Daisy ever got remarried?" Dewey wondered.

"Aunt Daisy's been on a few dates, nothing serious." May replied. "What about Uncle Donald?"

"Uncle Donald? Dating?" Louie scoffed. "It's still hard to imagine him being married."

Another beat of silence.

"I have a brilliant beyond brilliant idea!" Dewey announced.

"Wha? Huh?" June blinked. Huey sat up to face his brother.

"What is it?" He asked, interested and a little worried.

"We've always wanted a motherish figure, I guess you guys want a father figure," Dewey pointed out, receiving nods from the girls, "so why don't we switch places?!"

"Dewey, you're tired," Huey sighed, "we should go to sleep."

"Yeah, that makes like zero sense." May exclaimed. "We look absolutely nothing alike."

"Huey, Louie, remember that amulet Webby gave us?" Dewey asked. "Remember how she said it could swap bodies?!"

"Yeah....wait. Are you suggesting what I think you are?" Louie inquired, leaning into his hand. Huey rubbed his arms nervously.

"Uh, duh." Dewey deadpanned. "It's a great idea! Whattaya say, girls?"

"I don't know-" May began before being cut off by June.

"Yes!" The yellow triplet cried. "Let's do it! Pretty please, May? Pleasepleasepleaseplease-"

"Ok!" May exclaimed, exasperated. "We'll do it - if April is also comfortable with it."

"I'm actually kind of curious." April confessed. "Scrooge McDuck...imagine living with Scrooge McDuck....."

"Ok, then it's settled!" Dewey grinned. Huey glared at him.

"No one's asked me my opinion on this!" He stressed. "We shouldn't play with fire, you never know when we'll get burned!"

"Hubert, listen to me," Dewey began, wrapping a arm around his shoulder and pulling slightly closer, "aren't you the tiniest bit curious?"

"Well, yes, but-"

"Huey, just trust your little brother for once!" Dewey exclaimed.

"Alright, fine." Huey sighed. "But if anything goes wrong I'm blaming you."

"And I will take full responsibility for it."

"Will you?"

"Hmm. Hmmmm.Hmmmmmm-"

"Quit doing that!" Huey exclaimed, jokingly hitting his brother with a pillow.

"Hey!" Dewey cried, picking up his own pillow and going to hit Huey, only to miss and whack April in the face.

"Pillow fight!" June declared, hitting May with a large WHUMP.

"Wait!" Louie spoke up. "I just realized something!"

"What?" April blinked.

"If we switch, sooner or later they're going to have to switch us back." Louie pointed out.