Chapter 7: Nothing But The Truth

"Boys, I have a very important announcement that I've been meaning to tell you."

April looked up from her book to meet eyes with her uncle. He was smiling nervously. She glanced at her sisters then to Webby, who frowned. Mrs Beakley and Scrooge stood in the doorway, looking less than pleased.

"Oh?" She blinked casually, putting the book down on her lap and leaning onto the side of the couch. "What is it?"

"How would you feel if I made Marianna a part of our family?" Donald asked, making April exchange a look with May. "Permanently."

"I think it's a great idea!" June grinned obliviously. "I've always wanted an older cousin!"

"What?" Donald asked as May face palmed. "What do you think I meant?"

"You're going to adopt Marianna!" April cringed as her youngest sister continued to talk. "I think it's an amazing idea! Wonderful! Awe inspiring!"

"....Dewey," Webby said slowly, placing a hand on June's shoulder, "I think he means he's going to marry her."

"WHAT?!" June exclaimed, jumping up from her place on the couch. "You can't marry her! That's insane! Mais tu plaisantes, j'espère. Marianna, ce n'est pas une fille pour toi. Mais c'est pas possible, je rêve. Qu'est-ce qui..."

"Dewey! Dewey, calm down!" Donald exclaimed. "....were you speaking French?"

"He learned it from Webby." May replied swiftly. The aforementioned girl nodded quickly.

"I need to be alone." June muttered, and stormed off. Donald looked at Scrooge and Mrs. Beakley.

"Don't look at me, ah don' know a thing." Scrooge declared, Mrs Beakley shutting the door.

"We'll go talk to him." April offered. May nodded Webby in the arm, making her give a forced smile. The three girls headed off to the bedroom. June sat on the bed, swinging her legs off the edge and clutching Frankie to her chest. April felt upset seeing her sister like that.

"I think we should call the boys!" Webby suggested as April sat down besides June. May made a face.

"Last time Dewey hung up on me." May pointed out.

"He'll have to listen this time." April replied. "C'mon, May."

"Fine." The middle triplet huffed as she pressed Louie's number into her phone. The phone rang for a moment before being picked up.

"Nyello." Louie greeted as May set it to speaker.

"Hi Louie!" Webby exclaimed.

"Is that Webby?" Huey asked. "Does she know?"

"I've been helping." The girl replied. "This is more important, though!"

"Uncle Donald is getting married!" April blurted out urgently.

"What?!" The boys exclaimed in unison. She was sure their eyes would be widened with shock.

"The gown, the tux, the whole enchilada!" June cried.

"Just going on a few dates, huh?" May remarked.

"Shut up." Dewey sighed.

"Look, we'll try and get Aunt Daisy as soon as possible," Huey told them, "for now, try and buy us some time?"

"We'll try." April promised. "But please boys, hurry!"

"Wait!" Dewey exclaimed. "Before you go....WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME YOU SPOKE FRENCH?!"

"I didn't think it mattered," June shrugged, "and why didn't you tell me about all the hotties in this town?"

"I don't spend every second drooling over guys, Juniper!"