Chapter 5: Surprises

Start from the beginning

"Who is she?" May asked, glancing back at the window as she turned to face her sisters, Webby and Beakley.

"Marianna Feathersley." Webby explained. "She's a publicist from Spoonerville."

"Your uncle hired her to promote an invention of Gyro's that didn't malfunction." Beakley stated.

"Seems like she's doing a better job promoting herself than the invention." May remarked under her breath.

"So is she a...thing....with Uncle Donald?" June prompted.

"We all know that Donald Duck isn't the first thing to come to mind when someone says Casanova," the housekeeper replied, "so I asked myself, why would someone like her be interested in the duck who locked himself in the pantry? Then I remembered that the reason why was most likely the perks that comes from being related to Scrooge McDuck."

"You think she likes Uncle Donald for Uncle Scrooge's money?" April blinked.

"Obviously." May scoffed. She'd seen enough movies to tell how all this went down.

"Is Uncle Donald even in the will?" June wondered.

"They do EVERYTHING together!" Webby exclaimed. "They even go out to eat every night."

"She's playing him." May realized darkly. She wouldn't stand for it, not a single bit.

A few minutes later, she and her sisters walked out to the pool. There was Donald....and Marianna.

"Boys," Donald began, smiling, "I'd like you to meet a friend of mine."

"Oh, yes," the woman nodded, "it's wonderful to finally meet the infamous Huey, Dewey and Louie. I'm Marianna Feathersley."

"Hi, Marianna Feathersley." They chorused. That one was fully intended.

They planned to make Marianna's life hell.

-

"So how was camp?" Minnie asked as they walked to Mickey and Minnie's house after going out for ice cream.

"It was really fun!" Dewey grinned, twirling a pigtail around his finger. Having long hair was actually pretty fun.

"Remember when we went there as kids?" Daisy smiled, reminiscing. "Della rocked the canoe, and Goofy and Donald fell into the water."

"How could we forget? Donald threw a fit!" Mickey laughed.

"Donald?" Dewey asked.

"Oh....he's just a friend from the past," Daisy waved off, "....not important."

"He was more than a friend, Daisy!" Minnie giggled, causing Louie to snicker as their aunt turned bright red.

"So did you meet this Donald guy at camp?" Louie inquired, shoving his hands into May's jacket's pockets.

"Oh, no," Daisy shook her head, "we met in kindergarten. He fell for me the moment we met....literally. He tripped over me while I was tying my shoe."

Dewey burst out laughing causing Huey to elbow him in the arm. He covered his beak, but the laughing barely ceased.

"It's not that funny." Daisy insisted with the flip of her ponytail.

"Right, right." Dewey nodded.

"Why are you so interested anyway?" She inquired.

"No reason!" Louie lied.

Mickey opened the door to the house, and Dewey studied the room.

"Pluto!" Mickey called. "C'mere, pal! The girls are back!"

Dewey heard the jingle of a collar as a yellow dog - Pluto - ran into the room barking happily. Pluto's demeanor instantly changed upon sniffing Huey's hand, making him growl. Louie jumped and hid behind Dewey, giving him the shivers as Louie dug his hand into his shoulder.

"Pluto! What has gotten into you?" Minnie scolded gently, kneeling down. "It's just April, May and June."

"We probably just smell like camp." Huey offered weakly. That's when the phone rang. Everyone's head turned to the source.

"I'll get it!" Mickey announced, going to the phone. "Mouse residence! ....You want to talk to June?"

"Who is it, Uncle Mickey?" Dewey asked.

"...A James Parker is asking for you," the mouse blinked, "his voice sounds real familiar..."

"Oh, really, Uncle Mickey, that's hilarious!" He laughed, picking up the phone. "James, how great to talk to you...!"

He carried the old phone into a closet, closing the door as the loud voice of Louie yelled into the phone. Dewey cringed.

"Louie?"

"...It's May!"

"Oh, right," he said, slapping his forehead, "I forgot. So why're you calling me? You missed me?"

"No!" May sighed. "Look, there's this publicist lady that Uncle Scrooge hired. And Uncle Donald is definitely in love with her, he's always waiting on her hand and foot! It's disgusting!"

"Pfft, Uncle Donald doesn't fall in love," Dewey laughed, "at least, not seriously."

"He's definitely serious about this one." May insisted over the phone.

"Pfft." He snorted.

"They keep kissing!"

"Ew." Dewey gagged at the revelation. "Well, then break them up!"

"Well we're at a slight disadvantage," May grumbled, "we only met the guy about six hours ago. Dewey, you and Huey and Louie need to get Aunt Daisy here, now!"

"I can't! I won't!" He exclaimed, not wanting to lose something resembling a mother figure so soon. "I want more time with Aunt Daisy!"

Dewey pulled out a piece of gum wrapper from his pocket, and started crinkling it over the phone in attempts to imitate static.

"Oh no, May, are you there?" He cried in mock sadness, "I think I'm breaking up with you, May!"

"Dewey, I know that trick. Stop it." His cousin commanded.

"May, May, I think I'm losing you!" He continued. "Operator, operator!"

"Dewford-"

That's when he slammed the phone down to hand up and tossed aside the wrapper. He climbed out of the closet to see everyone staring at him. Huey looked annoyed.

"Its a camp tradition," Louie spoke up, "to talk to your friends from inside a closet."

"They still teach kids that?" Minnie blinked in astonishment.

"That's actually a tradition?" Dewey heard his older brother mutter to himself. He pulled himself to his feet and placed down the phone. He gave his best 'angelic little girl' smile.

"So," He said sweetly, "what now?"

"We want to talk to you..." Huey said, before casting a look at the adults, "alone."

Huey led them into another room, before beginning to speak.

"No more secrets," Huey reminded, "who was it?"

"It was May," Dewey replied, "she was going on and on about how Uncle Donald is in love with this Marianna woman."

"Uncle Donald doesn't fall in love." Louie scoffed.

"That's what I said!" Dewey exclaimed. "I think Webby got them all worked up into paranoia, you know how she can get. They're probably just going on a few dates."

"If you say so..." Huey sighed. "But if it gets any worse, we do something."

"Absolutely," Dewey nodded without a hint of hesitation, "but it probably won't get any worse."

If only Dewey had known how wrong he was.