Prologue

"Alright! I found our duffels!"

April and May Duck spun to see their sister grinning over three duffel bags - one pink, one purple and one yellow. However, their bags were quickly buried within all the other bags. They frowned.

"Now to get them out." May quipped, crossing her arms. June immediately attempted to pull out her bag, receiving only a sigh from May.

"Maybe I can help." A boy in a red shirt and matching colored hat offered.

"Thanks!" June grinned. "Mine's the yellow one."

The boy pulled the bag out with only the slightest bit of trouble, and then did the same for the other two bags with April and May's instruction. Handing the bags to their respective owners, May gave a small smile.

"You a regular here?" She asked. "You seem pretty knowledgeable about this."

"Oh, no, this is my first year," The boy replied, "but a Junior Woodchuck is always prepared."

"Oh, you're a Junior Woodchuck," April realized, "that's cool!"

"It really is." The boy nodded.

"Hey Hubert!" A boy in blue called, signaling the first boy - Hubert - to join him and another identical boy in a green hoodie.

"Sorry, gotta go meet my brothers," Hubert apologized, "I'll see you around."

"What a nice guy." April smiled as she watched the boy run off.

"He seems like the kind of goody two shoes that keeps a checklist." May replied.

"Maaaay, stop judging people!" June cried, shoving her sister slightly.

"Aprilynne, Mabel and Juniper Duck?"

"Over here!" April exclaimed, raising her voice and hand slightly.

"Arapaho!"

"Yaaay, we're together!" June cheered, pigtails bouncing with her as she clapped. Her sisters had no time to say anything before she ran off the other way.

"Does she know where she's going?" April wondered.

"Probably not, no." May shrugged, following June.

-

"Vitamins?" Huey asked, flipping through his checklist.

"Check." Louie replied.

"Minerals?"

"Check." Dewey nodded.

"Fruits and veggies, check, check." Huey read. His brothers gave him a confused look. "Check for fruits, check for veggies."

"Riiiight." Louie sighed, shoving his hands into his pocket. "I also brought my cards - I wanna see if there's anyone actually worth playing around here."

"You aren't going to scam anyone, are you Louie?" Huey asked accusingly. His youngest brother scoffed.

"It's like you barely even know me," he joked, "I won't scam anyone....maybe."

Huey sighed. There was no point in trying to stop his brother, not really.

"It sucks that Webby couldn't come," Dewey sighed, "she was really looking forward to this."

"It was all she talked about for weeks," Huey nodded, "being sick is awful."

Louie pulled the necklace that their almost-sister had entrusted them with, holding it up to eye level and watching the amulet dangle from the golden chain wrapped around his fingers. They had found it on their last adventure, and Webby had excitedly listed all the possible powers it could use.

"Body swapping, mind control, placing curses on your enemies, etc, etc...."

Louie didn't really care much for the power it had, though he did appreciate the pretty little bauble. Smiling a tiny bit, he shoved the necklace back into his pocket and followed his brothers off to their cabin.