Chapter Nineteen - Put a Ring on it.

Sherlock took long strides to put as much distance between Keyland and himself as possible. He had to figure out how to make her stay...

Suddenly Sherlock got an idea, a terrible, awful wonderful idea. His mind flitted back to when she was wearing her mother's ring. Marriage binds you to someone, right? Sherlock suddenly knew what to do. He set off with new purpose to the nearest jewelry store.

Sherlock walked into the store and was immediately overwhelmed, by the sheer amount of rings to choose from. His feelings of anxiety must have shown on his face, because he was soon approached by the wizened shop keeper.

"Hello young man, how may I help you today?" Smiled the man.

"I'm looking for an engagement ring." Sherlock stated.

"Any type in particular?" The man smiled.

"Type?!" Sherlock panicked.

The Shop owner laughed lightly.

"Alrighty young man, since you don't know what kind of ring you want. How about you tell me about your girl?"

"My girl?"

"The girl you are going to propose to..." The man said desperately.

"Oh Keyland?"

The man shrugged.

"Well she's... Keyland... She has been through a lot, but she is still so happy. She brings joy to my life. She... completes me." Sherlock blushed.

"I see." Said the man turning and looking through a box of rings. "And how long have you two been together?"

"Eight years. We were roommates, in University."

"So she is a smart woman too? And practical?" The man asked.

"Yes on both counts." Sherlock smiled.

"Then this is your ring." Said the man handing Sherlock the most beautiful opal ring.

"I'll take it!" Sherlock said smiling more than he ever had.

The walk back home took far too long. Keyland was there sitting on the couch when he arrived. He smiled at her and kissed her on the cheek.

'Hmm that was weird...although very pleasant...' Keyland thought.