1.17

"Yes."

***

A week had already passed since Hyunjin proposed and Hana was already staring at the ring on her finger, smiling continuously to herself. She laid on the bed, looking at the very fine details including the clear diamond at the centre of it. She was fangirling to herself and was filled with excitement. Finally, she was free.

Suddenly a knock was heard on the door as Hyunjin walked into the room, disturbing Hana. She quickly began fiddling with her fingers and kept a neutral expression.

"Still can't believe it?" Hyunjin chuckled and Hana responded with a nod. A few seconds later Chan came to the door, knocking before hand. He walked in and asked if Hyunjin would come outside.

"Have you told her?"
"I can't. If I did she would get upset..."
"Then are you sure you want to do this? I mean you can just keep the relationship low-key."
"I'd rather us stay together without worries."

"Alright mate. Don't forget we will support you no matter what."
"Thanks bro."

Hana heard muttering of the two boys coming from outside. She peeked through the door slightly to get a better idea of what the boys were discussing, but things got quiet soon after. She brushed it off and continued dazing off.

***

"You do know what you're here for?" The old man spoke to Hyunjin, with a sour expression.

"Yes, Mr Park. Just give me the contract already." Hyunjin sighed, wanting to get things over with.

"I'd rather make this easier." Mr Park laughed, tearing the contract in front of him. Hyunjin sat back, quite relaxed and calm. He just watched as if he was amused by the fact that his contract was getting ripped up in front of him. But deep inside, he felt torn. He felt himself being torn away by his friends- brothers.

In all of a sudden, the door swung widely open as Hana marched into the office. The 8 other boys followed behind her, as if they were trying to stop her.

"What do you think you're doing?!" Hana was utterly lost for words, She looked at Hyunjin who tried to look away and then shifted her gaze to her dad.

"Why are you doing this?!" She questioned her dad with a yell.

"HE WAS WARNED BEFORE. HE KNEW THE CONSEQUENCES!" Her father yelled back.

"But why?! What do you have against him?! Can't you let us be happy?!"

"Hana...-"

"If you consider me as you daughter then please... please for goodness sake, don't interfere with my love life!" She shouted, almost breaking down into tears but she kept them in. She then took Hyunjin's hand and intertwined it with hers, raising it. "You can't break this bond and I won't let you." She muttered.

Then one of the 8 boys walked up taking Hyunjin's free hand.

"You can't break this brotherly bond, either." The shortest boy said, as Hyunjin looked down to the older. Felix rushed up to Changbin and whispered in his ear.

"You gotta talk to elders with respect!"

"Shut up. You're the one who spoke informally to Yang Hyunsuk." Changbin snapped and Felix went red, embarrassed.

"If you're gonna terminate his contract, might as well terminate ours too! It's nine or none." The eldest, Woojin spoke up confidently.

Mr. Park was lost for words. He couldn't formulate a single sentence as he stared, blank. Unsure of how to respond, he sat back onto his chair and turned away.

"Now if you don't mind, I got a wedding dress to slip into." Hana stated, walking away immediately. The 8 boys also followed out.

There, Mr. Park was left spaced out, completely lost as to what he was just confronted with. He sat there and thought to himself. Maybe I am the enemy? were the only words able to come together in his mind.

"The enemy of my own daughter."
_________________