Chapter 1

(Flower way by SEJEONG)

Iris POV:

As a child, we have hopes, dreams, wishes that we just can't wait to fulfill.

The world is so much better, innocent and even though there are things that you do not know, it kind of makes it better. Innocence brings a mellow sweetness in life.

Children look at everything with a positive point of view, thus, I think that childhood is the best part of life. But, you know what the problem is?

It's that, as children we just can't wait to grow up, we think that as adults we have freedom, strength, rights and so, so many more things that sadly as a adult I can say, we just don't have.

My whole life has been spent with me thinking that one day everything will get better but it's been such a long time and nothing changes.

There were so many things that I was promised as an adult but now, now I don't really have any of them.

I don't have people in my life to support me, I don't have friends, family, love or even happiness........ah, happiness, that's always been something that was a cause of treachery in my already tragic life.

You know, the thing is, I don't believe in happiness, it just won't come to me and I know it, I'll just end up dead, all alone; not even a single person to mourn for my death......wow, I'm really lonely, aren't I?

"Iris?"

"Iris!"

"IRIS!!!!"

"YEAH, yeah, what?"

"Omg, so the queen finally pays attention to her humble servant?

"Stop being yourself Ashlyn."

"Ok, ok, I'm just worried about you, you know it's been so long and all you've been doing is staring out the window, and the sun rays are hitting your face. And you're probably sun burnt, I mean if you have to think that at least do it in a shady place, but like I don't mean 'shady', like shady but like a place with shade and........"

"ASHLYN!!!, your doing it! Again!". This is a really bad habit of her that probably is the reason she's single despite the fact that she looks like a Vogue model.

"Oh yeah, sorry" she said, smiling sheepishly.

"No probs, but girl, you need to control it. I mean I love you but unless some alien guy comes and falls for that blabbermouth, your staying single."

I said not trying to offend her because she is really sweet but damn that mouth can sometimes do some pretty damaging things. She was brutally honest.

"So, what did you call me for?" Kind of angry at the fact that I was interrupted while I was busy daydreaming.

I was pretty sure that Ashlyn had a very stupid reason for interrupting me because s she often does that.

One time she called me during a very important business meeting to ask me whether or not she should straight her hair while coming.

"Oh that.......what did I call you for? Oh yeah, Mark said that I should tell you that you should meet him in about 15 minutes." Mark did?

Well that's odd, I wonder if there were any problems with the collection I made.

.....................

"Come in", boomed Mark's voice when I knocked at the door, that stern voice of his is something that I have always been scared of, I bet even his wife would be mortified to hear his voice first thing in the morning.

"Good morning, Sir, may I be informed as to why I was called here?" I have no idea why I was called, like I said before I have been called to the main office only two times for the past three months for a separate meeting and those were major problems.

The first time it was because an important document was lost, and some asshole said it was me who misplaced it.

The second time was because Mark or as we call him 'boss' found out that there was someone in our company who was giving out information to other rivals and all the employees were interrogated.

I wasn't an ordinary employee as, I was working here temporarily to come up with some new designs as the Reas Corporation needed some new pieces for their models.

"Yes, I shall inform you, please take a seat. Well......you see the thing is Miss Hale, the CEO of King Enterprises wanted to meet you, I don't know why but his secretary said it was something very important and I was asked to personally relay this message to you."

King Enterprises? KING ENTERPRISES!?, OMG, that is like the most successful Enterprise in like the whole world, they deal with everything, and when I say everything I mean everything!!!!

From appliances to furniture, to jewelry, to hotels, to name anything you can, they manufacture all of it.

If it is the CEO of KING then why does he want to meet me? Like, I don't know the guy, oh, what do I do? What do I do!?

"Ok, so let me get this straight, Mark called you into his office PERSONALLY to tell you that the fucking CEO OF KING ENTERPRISES wants to meet YOU!!!" squealed Ashlyn's voice as she just repeated what I told her for the twentieth time!

"Yes, Ashlyn, yes." "And you have no idea why he called you? Omg this is so exciting!!" Wait wait wait, hold you horses, this situation could be terrifying, mortifying, frustrating but not exciting.

"And why on earth, do you find this situation 'exciting'? I said, while making gestures with my fingers.

"You don't know?"

"I don't know what?"

"You don't know who the CEO is and how he is basically the most handsome man alive?"

"Come on! There could be million of dangerous reasons that he wants to see me and your blabbing about his facial features. Like really?"

I just can't understand this girl, I know that man is famous but he is also very dangerous, no company even dares to rival them because they know it will be their Doom, and the CEO of that company has called me personally, how can she not understand the brutality of the situation??

I hope there are no problems.

Well that's it my little marshmallows, there will be the usage of some mature language, so I apologise if it offends you in any way

Well that's it my little marshmallows, there will be the usage of some mature language, so I apologise if it offends you in any way. Hope you liked it😀