Other people, on the other hand, just improved their business.

For example, the Diner I work at updated their menu with foods that monsters like and even hired a monster cook to prepare these foods. Although as much as I hate to admit it, the deserts she makes are much better.

There was a sudden spike of pain on my forehead. I flinched and rubbed where the pain was before looking up.

I somehow managed to change and walk into the kitchen without walking into a wall. There in front of me was our new monster chef with her hands on her hips...all of her hands.

"Muffet...don't you look rather beautiful today," I said with a very noticeable sarcastic voice. She was wearing the same uniform as me but with a bigger apron that was already covered in grease and condiments.

Muffet just rolled her eyes and pointed at a few plates with numbers on them. "work you, idiot."

I picked up the plates and placed as many as I could on my arms. "well aren't you in a fun mood today cupcake" you smirked

She threw a knife at the wall beside my head but I didn't even flinch.

I knew how much Muffet hated being called that. It was just fun to mess with her every once in a while. Despite the very small fact that she could kill me in under a minute.

I winked at her and walked backwards into the swinging doors. As I turned around to go deliver the plates, I could hear the cursing of the spider.

I walked to the table 9 with a fake plastered smile, just like I would any other day.

"Hiya folks! How ya doing this fine evening?" I asked in a cheerful voice as I placed their plates in front of them.

I named all the meals and the person who ordered them would raise their hand slightly.

"were doing well thank you!" the older lady replied. She seemed to be having lunch with her grandchildren.

I looked over at her, still with the cheek hurting smile, "well if ya'll need anything, just wave down any of our staff members alright? Enjoy your meal." I walked away to grab more plates.

An hour or two passed by and my feet started to ache but my smile never faltered.

I cleaned up baby tantrum messes, spilled drinks, dirty tables, and even some gum left on the table. Which annoyed me the most.

The little bell above the door ranged and I went over to sit the new customers down.

"hiya, folks how many?" I smiled but as soon as I saw the new person, my smile became real.

"well I guess the same as last time" Frisk giggled. She might be three years younger then me and I've only known her for a short amount of time, but her presence always makes me happy.

I pulled her in a hug and sighed "oh dear child, my day has been made 100 times better." I released her and gestured for her to follow me.

Frisk laughed and followed me to the breakfast bar.

"it couldn't have been that bad." She placed her backpack on the floor next to her chair. I'm assuming she was in an after school club or something since school ended 3 hours ago. Though clubs don't usually last that long.

I went behind the breakfast bar and placed my elbows on the counter and my face in my hands. I stared at her for a few seconds with a raised eyebrow.

Frisk smiled and rolled her eyes. "alright miss dramatic, aren't you supposed to take my order?"

I smiled back "the usual? "