New teams and Akatsuki

Start from the beginning

"Alright!!" Naruto cheered while Sakura sighed miserably, and glowered down at the floor.

"Uchiha Sasuke." This time, the roles were reversed.

So, Naruto sighed miserably and looked down at the floor while Sakura cheered.

"--And Yamada Ann," Naruto turned towards me the moment my name was mentioned for their group. "All right!!" He grinned as he gave me a thumbs up.

I could see Sasuke narrow his eyes at me. After observing me, he gave me a small nod, which I returned. Sakura also turned her back and gave Ino a peace sign. And to add more to the fire, she stuck her tongue out, mockingly.

"You little--" Ino had a tick mark on her head. "Why do you get to be with him?!" She yelled out.

"Woah, chill out, Ino," I stated as I patted her shoulder in a lazy manner. She didn't seem to mind this and continued reciting insults under her breath. Might I say, they were very creative.

"Why do girls like such a guy anyway?" Shikamaru inquired as he watched the two fangirls.

Ino glanced at him with a bewildered expression on her face, "Don't you even know, Shikamaru?"

I deadpanned. "Ino, Shikamaru's not a girl..." I stated, beside me, Shikamaru was nodding in agreement.

Ino stares at Shikamaru and me for a second, before sighing. "That's why you're not popular."

I raised a brow. "So, you think you're popular?" I stated.

"Mmhmm, which is why I wouldn't want to team up with a guy like you," She said, so confidently.

"For the 10th group... Yamanaka Ino."

I covered my mouth, trying to not let any laughs escape, "Nara Shikamaru."

This made her eyes widened. Shikamaru, on the other hand, knew this was coming.

"Looks like you'll have to team up with me." Shikamaru gave a somewhat smug expression to Ino, to which she groaned.

"And... Akimichi Choji."

Ino seemed depressed when she realized who her teammates were. I don't even understand why. Choji and Shikamaru would be good teammates, honestly!

"Iruka-Sensei!! Why is a top student like me in a group with this guy?!" Naruto raged as he pointed to Sasuke. The latter ignored Naruto's rants and continued to stare upfront with his hands mysteriously covering his mouth.

Iruka-Sensei looked up from the paper he was reading, "Well, that's because he graduated with the highest scores."

He took a deep breath, "And you, Naruto, had the worst scores."

This made the class snicker, and giggle at him. Except for me, who just stared at Naruto with pity.

That was kind of harsh...

"Don't pull my leg, blockhead," Sasuke spoke, no emotion in his voice whatsoever. Although I could've sworn I saw a small smirk on his face as he said that.

"What did you say?!"

Here we go again...

Timeskip

"Shikamaru, can I have some?" I asked as I stared at his food. He gave me a pointed look, and cocked his head to the side, as if saying, "Really?"

I nodded repeatedly and made hand-gestures towards his food. He was currently eating bread, except it had cheese on it. It was a plain and simple snack, but I couldn't help how much I wanted to actually eat it.