¦Prologue¦

Cold....rainy. A day that a child hates.... except me. I loved the dark cloudy day.

All the children on the streets playing, would all run inside for shelter, so they wouldn't catch this thing called a 'fever'. I never understood what that word was, so that's why I stayed outside when it rains. To catch this 'fever'.

Today was the day that it poured rapidly hard. Like arrows being shot down on our village. The sight and sound was beautiful. It was music to me, but it wasn't for the others. I never understood them. I didn't get what they meant when they said that 'it was scary'. I wanted to be out there. Out there in the forest. To be one with nature.

My parents were sleeping soundly, so I snuck out through my window. With a small thud, I ran into the forests of trees and life. I ran and ran, until I found my favorite spot, a giant magnolia tree. It was the center of the forest. You can even spot it outside the forest. The tree is sacred to our clan. The tree was what created my clan to come to what it is today.

I walked towards the large tree and climbed it. Branch to branch, until I was near the top. I loved being in the highest peak of the forest. I can observe the people, the nature and the stars. I was barely 5 years old, but was already put as the clan's watchdog by our leader. I never knew why, but I was good at what I did.

I took a deep breathe and exhaled. I let the rain pour and hit on my (s/c) skin. It was a nice rhythm. I closed my eyes and tuned all sounds away. Focused into my own thoughts, I drifted off to sleep in the rain.

Who knows how long I've been out, but I was suddenly shaken awake. I looked around and saw that I have fallen off the tree and was now resting at the bottom of it. I sleepily rubbed my eyes and looked at whoever awoken me. It was the clan leader's son, Hachi.

"Hm. What?" I whispered tiredly.

"My father needs you." Hachi replied. He sounded more serious than ever, so I complied and nodded. I stood up and trailed behind him.

It was an awkward silence, so I started small conversations,"Do you like the rain Hachi?"

"Not really, it is peaceful."

"Oh-okay." It was another small silence, until he spoke.

"Do you love me?"

I stared at him and saw his seriousness marked in his face. I looked back forwards and shrugged.

"I love you Hachi, but....as a friend. But I still care and cherish you deeply Hachi." I quickly hugged him.

Hachi randomly stayed quiet the whole way. I was a bit worried. Did I do something wrong.

We soon reached the leader's office. Hachi knocked on the door lightly and  followed by a small 'come in'. Hachi stepped in and I followed behind slowly.

I bowed,"You needed me, Lord Toshima?"

"Ah yes. Hachi you may leave." As soon as Hachi left, I stood straight and stared at the lord.

"What might you need me-" I was soon interrupted by a loud explosion.

Toshima and I quickly ran outside, to see what was happening. We looked around and saw our alliance clan, the Hyuga clan. We both quickly ran over to their leader.

"What is happening?!" Toshima asked angrily.

Their leader turned towards Toshima sadly and angrily, but pointed to the direction of my home,"Hachi set up an explosion near by a small house there!"

I was shaking and quickly ran over towards my home. I was scared. I splashed through the puddles, as the rain beat down harder, soon a thunderstorm rolled in. I quickened my pace and froze at what I soon saw. My once inviting home, now a nearly burnt ash pile.

I ran in to find my parents. I ran through the stairs and hallway. I tackled down the door and slowly stood up to a disgusting sight.

"Wh-why?" My shaken form mustered up words at the scene.

"I-I'm sorry, (Y/n). I had to."

He turned towards me. He had a sword in his hands, all bloodstained from face down. I slowly looked at the scene and shook violently. I screamed and cried. I ran towards him and punched him in the face. He flew and smashed into the wall. I walked over to him, bangs covering my crying face, and picked him up by his collar. I  stared into his eyes and saw a mixture of regret, anger, desperation and love.

"I'm sorry, (Y/n). I love you." Those were his last word, before he stabbed himself in the heart.

I stared at him wide eyed with different waves of emotions. I was no longer crying. I gave his lifeless cold body a last warm loving hug. I let go of his cold body and went over to my parents. I smiled and was desperately shaking them.

"Come on guys! Stop playing games. Let's go shopping and get some dangos, yeah! I'll be a good girl and keep smiling for you, I p-p-promise!" I stopped shaking their dead bodies and cried once again. I held them close and breathed in their last remaining scent.

I heard people running outside. I quickly wiped my tears away and walked out the nearly ashed building. I carried my parents and Hachi out. I set them on the ground and fell onto my knees. I watched as everyone surrounded me and the deep corpses. They kept questioning me, but I remained silent. I looked at my hands and saw a jade necklace along with a lock amulet necklace. I opened the lock and found a photo of my parents smiling and holding me in their arms. It was my 5th and now last birthday with them. I silently put on the two necklaces and stood up.

"(Y-y/n), will you be okay?"

I turned to Toshima and smiled brightly showing him I was fine, but he knew the behind that damn smile, was a forever now broken child, with no hope, or faith.

"I'm fine Lord Toshima! Let's get this placed cleaned up." I happily clapped my hands together and started ordering the people around.

-2 years later-

I was now 7 and living in Konoha. My whole clan has died from the war. They tried fighting hard, but failed. I was the last of my kind and ran away. But during that long war, I was experienced on. I no longer can look at myself. So I hid my body with bandages. I live alone, so that was a good sign of life.

But why.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Did I live?