Mom Interference ♛

Start from the beginning

He turned around to walk up the stairs, but stopped, "Oh. Stairs. Too dangerous. Better go sleep in the kitchen."

I grabbed a cookie from the table, "Isn't this hilarious?"

Jackson and I walked back into the living room after taking his bubble wrap off, "Alright everyone I'm hitting the hay. Goodnight everyone. Except for... you know who you are."

He gave them all one last look, before rushing up the stairs. I rolled my eyes and quickly followed after him.

Jackson did actually decide to go to bed, but I wasn't tired so I went to hang out with Ramona and Lola. We were discussing how cute all the guys in our grade were, until Kimmy and Dj walked in

"You" Kimmy said pointing to me, "Come sit let's have a chat."

I was confused, but stood up from the bed and moved to sit in the chair in front of her.

"So, Farrah. If that's your real name." Kimmy started, "Is it true Jackson's playing football just to impress Lola?"

"I don't know." I shrugged

"Well I do." She yelled, "It's true. So now that Fuller kid is gonna get flattened like a pancake by a 300 pound line backer. All for some dame."

"Uh, what does this have to do with me?" I asked, looking towards Dj for a somewhat sane response

Kimmy turned to Dj "Your turn. I need to cool off."

Dj nodded at her and sat in the chair in front of me, "Hey, Farrah. You know me.. the nice one. Okay, I think where my hothead partner is going with this is we're really worried that Jackson could get seriously hurt playing football, and I know you are to, and he won't listen to us, but he might listen to his best friend."

"But he did it for Lola, not me." I argued

"But you're his best friend and he looks up to you. I'm sure you could convince him." She said

"I got this." Kimmy said, "Your worst nightmare is back. So here's the deal. You're gonna march right in there and tell Jackson, real calm like, that Lola doesn't care if he plays football. Got it?"

"Okay, but only because Jackson's my friend, not because Kimmy sorta scares me." I agreed

I stood up from my chair and made my way to Jackson's room. I could feel Dj and Kimmy starring at me, so I slowly opened the door, "Hey."

"Oh. Hey, Farrah." He greeted while I stared at his LEGO creation, "This? Yeah this is Max's."

I rolled my eyes and sat next to him, "I helped you build that idiot. Jackson, if you're playing football just for Lola—-"

"Mom's trying to tell me to stop, but no one tells me what to do." He said

"Jackson, you shouldn't play just for Lola's attention. She should be able to see that you're a really cute and awesome guy even without football." I confessed

"You think I'm cute?" He asked, blushing

"Well, yeah," I said, "but that's not the point. You need to be who you really are, not who some girl wants you to be."

"Okay, I'm out." He said, referring to football, "So, Uh... If Lola's not into football players, what kind of guys do you think she into?"

"Well, I bet she likes guys who don't try too hard to impress a girl." I said

"Ah! Those are my favorite kind of guys too." He nodded, making me laugh, "Oh, that came out wrong."

"I'm going to go tell Dj you're not gonna play anymore." I said, standing up to report back to the women who were just interrogating

Reaching the door, I slowly turned around and decided to make a bold move.

"Goodnight Jackson." I said before I kissed his cheek, and sped out.

___________

The next morning, I sat in the kitchen with the whole family while I ate my bowl of cereal.

"Hey, Mom." Jackson greeted, walking down the back stairs

"Uh, So were talking again?" Dj asked, taking the bowl of cereal I had just finished

"Yeah, I've decided to respect your wishes and not do football." He said

"Well I appreciate that." She smiled, before winking at me

"Look, Mom. I'm really sorry about the whole silent treatment thing. I was just so mad at you." He said

"And you're allowed to be mad at me. But you're not allowed to be disrespectful. That's not how we solve problems in this family." She gently responded

"I know. We talk it out, we work it out, and we hug it out." He said, "I love you, Mom."

"I love you too" She smiled, leaning in to hug him.

"Come on, Dj. We wanna see this!" Ramona said, referring to where Tommy sat for his first haircut

"Ok, everybody grab your cameras." She said

We all took out our phones and gathered around Tommy and Fernando, eager to get a good picture.

"Ok. Just to warn you, sometimes the baby cries. And that's ok." Fernando said, "Alright, here comes the first snip."

He cut the first piece of hair and Dj starts crying, which then made everyone else in the room start crying.

"He's just so cute." I cried

Tommy just say in his chair, looking around the room at everyone crying.

____________

Thank you guys so much for 300 reads it's incredible. I know I say this a lot but I would really appreciate a comment because no one has ever commented one. If you guys have any suggestions please let me know.