Mom Interference ♛

Start from the beginning

"Someone's gotta take him to the hospital." I said, before walking out of the kitchen.

____________

After practice, Jackson decided he needed to keep working out and came to the conclusion that bench lifting Tommy was the best idea.

"I need something lighter" he said

He ran over and picked me up, and I instantly began smacking his back so he would put me back on the ground.

"Jackson, put me down right now!" I struggled

"But you're so tiny." He complained, hesitantly setting me down in my previous spot

"Lighter than a baby?" I laughed

"Hey, Tommy's pretty Chubby." He argued

I rolled my eyes, and watched as he went back to using Tommy. Dj walked in, and instantly stopped when she saw what he was doing.

"Hey, Mom, get in here and spot me." He said

Dj walked over, and grabbed Tommy from Jackson's grip, "Jackson, I've been doing some thinking and...after careful consideration, I have to say no to you playing football."

"What? But you already said yes." He complained 

"Well, technically, I just didn't say no." She shot back, "And, even more technically, you joined the team without asking me."

"Because I knew you would do this." He said, "You're always babying me. I'm 13 now, I'm a man."

As he reached the end of his sentence, his voice
cracked. One of the worst timings for a voice crack, but still pretty funny.

"Wow, very manly." I sarcastically agreed

He threw a pillow at me, and I moved out of the way to dodge it.

"Let's not argue in front of Tommy." She suggested

Jackson picked up Tommy, and put him on the floor, "Here, kid. Fetch."

He threw Tommy's pacifier out the door, and the baby was real quick to follow it out of the room.

"That's very sanitary." I laughed

"Come on, mom. Dad played football." Jackson argued.

"Well you're Dad had... more of a football body." She tried to explain without hurting his feelings, "You have more of a... a ping pong body."

"Ha! Mom roast." I pointed out

"He still would've let me play." Jackson said

"Well, maybe he would have, but parents have a lot more information today, especially about concussions." She said

"But I could get hurt just walking on the street. And I do!  You know what? These are the last words you will ever hear from me. Goodbye mother." He said, trying to take his shoulder pads off

He began to struggle, as they reached his head, "If you're still there, I could use a little help."

Dj was about to help, but then decided against it and walked out of the room.

"Idiot." I sighed, getting up to help him.

After his argument with Dj, Jackson decided the best way to mock her point was by wrapping his entire body in bubble wrap. Not that it made a lot of sense, but it would be entertaining for everyone else.

After we wrapped him, we made our way to the living room where the parents were gathered for game night.

"Don't mind me. Just passing through very carefully." He said, stopping in front of the adults, "In case you're wondering about the bubble wrap, I've been told that I have a very fragile 'ping pong' body." He said