Nico just looked in partial confusion at his brother's explanation.

"Sure?" He answered.

"Anywho," Xander continued, speaking quickly," Our parents or any other Lord and Lady have 100 percent of this chemical, running through their blood, giving them physical advantages that no other vampires have. And so when Nico and whoever he marries becomes a Lord and a Lady, through a process that I really don't understand, somehow they end up with 100 percent and out parents will be reduced back to 75 percent-ish. Anyways, now that you have the background information or whatever, what just happened was that Nico and I got our 25 and 18 percent back. This chemical is only based on our territory that our ancestors set many many years ago and we only get our extra when we're in our own territory. Since we left, we got reduced down to 50 percent just like everyone else, and let me tell you that does not feel good. But yea...that's pretty much it." He concluded.

The limo fell into silence as Doe nodded in understanding.

I mean, I got my answer and I made sense, but I was just surprised that I was just now hearing about this... 'Chemical'.

I would have thought that they would have taught it in school or something, but maybe humans just don't know about it in general since it only applies to Lords and Ladies and their offspring.

Although I did wonder what Nico could do with this supposed extra 25%.

And I guess that also explains what Nico meant when he said that Lord Bronwyn wouldn't have any power here.

I turned to Nico, seeing how he looked completely confused.

"What? Was my explanation not good?" Xander reacted to the look on Nico's face.

"No. It actually kind of did make sense and that's what I'm confused about."

Xander now beamed with pride.

"It's OK Nico, you can just say that I was able to come up with a better explanation than you." He taunted.

"I'll give you that one, but don't push it," Nico warned only semi-sarcastically.

Xander laughed.

"I'll take what I can get," he responded, leaning back completely against the chair.

His happiness was short-lived, though.

He cleared his throat, placing a fist near his mouth as his brows drew together.

Was this part of them getting their... power back?

I turned to Nico to see if he was acting the same.

He didn't look as uncomfortable as Xander, but I could see some discomfort in his eyes, as well as the clenching and relaxing of his jaw.

"So you feel it too, huh?" Nico questioned.

"Mhm," Xander nodded as he removed his hand from his mouth, "Its been so long I forgot this was part of it."

Doe tensed a bit, like she could already read what was going on by seeing Xander's body language.

"The more in-tune with our instincts we are, the more blood we need in order to keep ourselves from losing it," Nico explained. He said it to Xander but I felt like the explanation was more directed at me.

Well, that explains the blood moon...

I looked at Doe as she let out a quiet sigh, tucking her hair behind her shoulder so her neck was in view, eyes pointed to the floor

I guess she knew what was coming.

"Yeah, but the craving just hit me harder and faster than I was expecting," He said, glancing down at Doe as he saw her movements, "You feel it more than I do. I can't believe you look so calm right now."

I looked back to Nico as he shrugged, "Oh, believe me, I'm feeling it. I'm just better at hiding it than you."

I felt a tinge of concern build within me as I noticed the white-knuckled fist his hands were in, betraying his own statement to my eyes only.

Xander nonchalantly ran his hand from the back of Doe's head to the front, returning all the hair that she had moved back to where it was.

I shared Doe's look of surprise at his action.

"I guess. Are there any blood bags in the drinks compartment?" Xander asked.

Nico, shook his head, causing my concern to return and multiply.

"I already checked earlier." He said, sounding partially defeated.

My hands fiddled in my lap as I recalled the times Nico had forced himself to stay away from blood.

I could see the obvious discomfort that Xander was feeling from the craving, and the fact that Nico was feeling it more helped me make this decision faster.

"Oh," is all Xander responded, mirroring Nico's emotion before he looked down in thought.

If he really needed blood, then I would be happy to give it to him.

Although he probably won't take it, I wanted to at least give it a shot.

I did the same thing that Doe did, tucking my hair back so it was all resting against my back.

Nico turned his head to me as I gently set my hand on his leg, giving him a small smile that told him that I was ok with him feeding from me.

A look of guilt crossed his face before he gave me a look that told me that he absolutely was not going to take my offer.

I glanced at Xander to make sure he wasn't paying attention before giving Nico a sterner look.

Whenever he denied himself of blood it didn't work.

Plus, the last time he fed from me, it really wasn't that bad.

Still, he didn't give in.

"Well, I guess its a good thing we're close then," Xander said, causing us both to look at him.

"Yup," Nico said, sounding more cheery than what seemed possible for him at this moment, "What would you say? Like 10 minutes? Maybe less?"

"Hopefully less," Xander mumbled.

There was a dead silence for a short moment before Nico stood.

"Ill tell Marcus to drive faster."