10. Listen, Please

Depuis le début

Hayden had to pause as he remembered how broken his baby brother looked on the day he confessed everything to Hayden. He felt tears come to his eyes and he quickly shook his head, trying to get rid of them.

Louis felt his own breath hitch as he looked at Hayden and Louis just didn't understand. Why would someone ever want to hurt Josh? It seems the same as to why anyone would ever want to hurt Cody.

"W-when I found out who was bothering him I confronted the guy in the hallway at school. I told him to back off and to just stay away from my brother... He was the first one to throw a punch I swear. I hit him back a couple times but then I remembered how much he hurt Josh and I just kind of lost it... When he fell to the ground I didn't stop hitting him. I punched him and kicked him a-and..." Hayden had to take a breather to make sure he wouldn't hiccup through his now shed tears.

"H-he's my baby brother... I just got so mad that anyone would want to hurt him. He's s-so nice and innocent, he would never hurt a fly... All he does is see the positive in everything and for that he got hurt...But the guy I beat up, he had to go to the hospital and I got expelled from school." Hayden explained quietly through his tears.

Louis could only stare at the boy in front of him. He understood, he really did. If one of his sisters had come home and someone was bothering them he wouldn't hesitate to do the same exact thing.

Except Louis was pretty small and Hayden could be compared to someone like Liam in size. Hayden was thick and clearly had muscle. He might not do a sport but anyone with eyes could see he worked out a lot. Hayden was definitely not a kid you would want to mess with, but just like Liam he also put everyone before himself.

"What happened today then?" Louis asked, nervous for the answer.

Hayden wiped his wet cheeks before taking a breath and explaining.

2 Hours Earlier

Hayden was walking down the empty hall, looking for Alexis so they could meet up for lunch.

 "Where's your deaf boyfriend, faggot?"

Hayden heard a voice snear behind him. He slowly turned around to come face to face with the two kids that beat up Cody.

Hayden rolled his eyes at them before turning around to continue walking down the hall.

"Oh yeah, that's right he's 'dating' his sister. It's probably a fake relationship so no one suspects he's actually fucking her disabled brother." The other one said as he chuckled.

At that Hayden turned around abruptly and stomped towards the two boys.

"If I were you I would walk away now before you get another black eye." Hayden hissed through his teeth.

The two boys chuckled lightly to themselves before stepping closer to Hayden.

"He got what he deserved..." One of the boys said.

"You piece of shit-"

Hayden was cut off when he felt a strong punch connect with his jaw.

The pain shot through him as he cupped his soon bruised jaw and looked back a the two laughing boys.

Hayden felt rage heat up inside him as he thought about what they said about and did to Cody. He lunged at the boy who punched him, tackling him to the ground. Hayden gripped his shirt before slamming his fist against the boys face, making his head bang against the ground as he punched him.

Hayden felt a hand on his shoulder and he quickly turned around to see the other guy trying to pull Hayden off of his friend. Hayden quickly elbowed the kid in his privates and he doubled over in pain.