Chapter 9: Big Kids?

I pushed the door open and saw Gerard and Hailey talking, she gave me a spiteful glare then walked away. I exchanged a confused glance with Mikey, who still had his arm around me, then looked at his brother, who turned around wide eyed almost. I arched my dark eyebrow and began to speak.

"What was all of that about?" I asked.

"Nothing. She's just in a lot of pain from her arm." Gerard said back to me as I set my sunglasses and yellow bandanna on the table next to me and nodded, then heard yelling from another room. It must have been Frank.

"No! Don't touch that!" We heard. All of us looked at each other like World War 2 had just started between someone and we just stood there waiting.

I saw a short figure with a giant mountain of hair, like Rays, running out from the hallway and hid behind me. I looked down to see that it was Missle Kid, but Grace was her real name. She was about 8 or 9 years old at the oldest, but she was special. She was the only kid born after the fall, without the medication or being a member of Bli. They were always after her and it was our job to keep her safe.

We all saw Frank run out next, not really mad, but extremely annoyed. Maybe he finally knows what it's like when we have to deal with him everyday, but he knows when the line's been drawn. He bent down, putting his hands on his knees trying to catch his breath, and looked at Grace, who was behind me.

"Smoke another one, Frank." Mikey said. Him and I laughed. Gerard just looked at us, then back at him.

"Fuck you, Mikes!" He said, looking straight at both of us, then back at her. "Give me the gun, Grace." He said. She stuck her tongue out at him. He stood back up straight and took a step towards us.

"Don't touch me!" She yelled, clinging to my left leg. I lifted my brow and glared at him.

"What?" He said dumbly. I squinted at him. "She started it." He pointed, trying to defend himself. He took another step foreword. I put my hand on his chest and stopped him. He opened his mouth again, but Mikey and Gerard just put their hands over it before more nonsense came out.

"Thank you." I said. They both nodded.

"Just hurry, 'cause he's licking my damn hand." Gerard said. I nodded and looked down.

"Grace." I said. She looked up at me. "Can you let go of my leg, please?" I asked. She moved her arms away and set them down at her side. I crouched down to get to her level. "Why is Frank running after you?" I asked. No answer, she just looked at me. "Did you take something of his without asking?" I asked. She nodded, trying to avert my eyes. "Did you take his blaster?" I asked. She nodded again. "What did you take it for?" I asked.

"I wasn't going to do anything with it!" She yelled, throwing her arms up in the air.

"That didn't answer my question. Why did you take it?" I asked.

"I don't want to sit here everyday while all of you are out there on missions and I have to just sit and hope that you'll all come back safe and in one piece. I get really scared that you guys won't ever come back when you're gone for days." She said.

"Grace, you don't have to worry. We're all big kids, Frank being the biggest and most annoying out of all of them." I said, she smiled.I heard him muffle something behind me. I turned my head to look at him. Gerard and Mikey just rolled the hands they had free, telling me to hurry it up. I turned my head back to her. "We can handle ourselves out there. Nobody is coming back without a piece missing while we're here." I smiled

"Promise?" She asked, holding her hand up.

"Promise." I said, grabbing her hand. She smiled and hugged me, then let go. "Can I have his blaster, please?" I asked. She took it out of where her back pocket was. I took the green blaster out of her hands. "Ask before you take when it comes to our stuff, okay?" I said. She nodded. "Go help Dr. D or Hailey, if you could." I said.

"Okay." She nodded and ran back down the hall.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

How was this chapter? Okay at least? I thought I might add her in here as well, since she is apart of the whole killjoy dilemma. Tell me what you think! Fan, comment, read, vote. Do what you do best!

~Sam xD