Chapter 25: Humble

Start from the beginning

"This us so messed up. So so messed up." Hoseok groans.

"I know." Jeongguk admits.

"But you do know that his heat wasn't just for one day." Hoseok says and Jeongguk's eyes widen. He literally forgot the heats last for almost three to four days or sometimes for a weak.

"What am I going to do? I don't want to see him in pain---I don't want to give him pain but then I want to hold him close but knowing that I can't---hurts." Jeongguk's voice holds so much hurt.

"He's all yours Jeongguk and once we find that bastard, you're going to kill him and mark Taehyung." Hoseok assures and Jeongguk nods. It's hurts to see someone else's mark on his mate.

---------------------------

Jeongguk was called by Jaehwan to the court room along with the three royal guards and Namjoon.

"How's Seokjin doing? Poor boy has been blaming himself ever since." Jaehwan asks Namjoon. Jeongguk furrows his eyebrows.

"It's his fault father, he shouldn't have left his brother alone when he knew it would be dangerous without a guard with Taehyung." Namjoon says and everyone stare at him in surprise.

"Hyung?" Jeongguk utters. "You were comforting him that it wasn't his fault and now?"

"Think about it. Jisung was there to guard them both yet Seokjin took him and left Taehyung alone---".

"Namjoon!" Jaehwan raises his voice and Namjoon stops.

"What's past is past. It was meant to happen. Now rather than blaming others, we have to find out how to solve this." Jaehwan says and Jeongguk was still glaring at Namjoon. Seokjin was also like an older brother to him and he couldn't believe Namjoon was actually blaming his husband.

"I'll tell Seokjin hyung what you said here if you won't apologise to him. It wasn't his fault. Taehyung wasn't a child either, he shouldn't---" Jeongguk says.

"Jeongguk! Enough." Jaehwan yells.

"Sorry father." Jeongguk mutters. Namjoon raises his eyebrow.

Now whose blaming his husband? Namjoon links and Jeongguk shrugs. Though if Seokjin told Taehyung to stay, he should've but he was being observed so it was bound to happen.

"Taehyung told me everything and I think I know who it can be." Jeongguk perks up at the statement.

"Who?"

"No wonder why father wanted you. That's what that person had told Taehyung and it what I think....". Jaehwan pauses and takes a deep breath.

"Wongjae's son."

"What? That's not even possible." Jeongguk says in disbelief.

"Why not? Wongjae wanted Taehyung didn't he? Wongjae's son could've done that for revenge." Jaehwan says and it doesn't make sense to Jeongguk.

"He couldn't have come all the way from Eriden just to mark Taehyung." Jeongguk says.

"He could've done worse."

"Worse? Worse?! He marked my mate and you think there is something more worse than this? More worse than having your mate be someone else's possession right infront of you." Jeongguk spits harshly.

"Calm down Jeongguk." Hoseok says.

"I understand what you're going through but I am sure it's Wongjae's son. Taehyung said that as well." Jaehwan says.

Jeongguk calms down and thinks for a moment and now it does make sense. Wongjae's son could've taken his father's revenge. If he travelled all the way to Haethon just for this, than he sure wanted Taehyung to suffer.