PROLOGUE

Shit!

I'm late on my first day at work!

I step onto the front porch of the posh mansion and swiftly pull my brown curls into a messy bun.

I'm nervous. I knock on the door fingers crossed, praying my 'boss to be' is not in.

I hear the approaching of footfalls. My palms are wet. My heart is throbbing fast. I grip my black leather bag tightly when i hear the doorknob creak.

The door flings open.

He's so... Hot!!!

He's a young man. A very young man. Probably in his early twenties. I didn't expect that! I expected an old man or woman... This is probably the tycoon's son. He can't be the owner of this house! He can't be my boss!

The setting sun is gleaming on his soft, creamy, brown skin making the dark brown color of his eyes look lighter. His jaw is clenched and he looks so serious.

He brushes his hands swiftly through his black, neatly-cut hair and drinks the water from the pepsi bottle he is holding. He is thirsty. And sweaty. So sweaty that the grey sportshirt he is wearing is wet on the chest and armpits.

Damn! He's so sexy!

Why the hell did I just think that! Oh my god! Becca! This is work! Work! Focus!

He looks at me from head to toe and settles on my eyes.

"I don't like your eyes," he says bluntly with his thick british accent.

Ouch!

First of all, everyone likes my eyes. I have gorgeous dark green eyes! Everyone likes them! No! Everyone loves them! But since I woke up on the right side of the bed, I'm just gonna take a deep breathe and ignore the insult. There's no way I'll get into a fight with my boss's son. Especially not on my first day at work.

"Where is your father? He's expecting me," I say in the nicest way possible, ignoring his rude remark.

He moves closer to me and leans on the door. He has this serious look on his face. It's like he never smiles. Ever!

"My father is in Liverpool!" He has a deep rich voice.

I gasp in shock and move back. "He doesn't live here? But Troy gave me this address..."

I'm now confused. Is this the wrong address? No! This must be the address Troy gave me.

He takes another step towards me. "It's me who is expecting you. I live here."

He is now so close to me that i feel his breathe on my face as he stares at me. His scent is a mixture of sweat and expensive cologne.

"I'm your boss!" He says sternly.

"You!" I bark in disbelief.

He's my boss! No way!

"Yah, and you're late!" He grunts.

He looks at me sharply as if I'm some thief. He is making me nervous and i hate it!

"Leave those things you're wearing at the doorstep!," he retorts glaring at my flat shoes.

The guy is really getting on my nerves.

If only I had a choice...

I quickly take off my shoes and follow him as he walks briskly into the mansion.

××××

The huge two-story house is no less attractive on the inside. The expensive comfortable white leather couches surround the round glass table in the middle, near the huge fireplace. A flatscreen TV is stuck on the wall, facing the couches directly. A painting hovering on the wall catches my eye... A colored nude girl with flowers growing in her private parts...