prologue

o. prolouge
                     - arrested!

The Callahan's were known for their leading presence on the ark. Generations and generations of Callahan's had been passed on to be council members, some even chancellors. The family was a very important to the ark, not only did their knowledge and leadership experience make them great citizens but they were experts in the medical field as well.

Jamie was not at all like her parents. Jamie stuck out like a sore thumb in her family, She wasn't as strict as her parents, and was more laid back. Not to mention that she was also super lazy. The morning jogs at 5 am with her father were a pain in the ass. And the stitching practices with her mother were even more dreadful.

But overall, she was a good student. And her mother knew she had enough potential to continue the family legacy.

One thing her mother didn't like, was Jamie's boyfriend; Sean Mcfallon. Her mother thought that he was nothing but trouble and would some day break her little girl's heart.

That didn't stop jamie whatsoever, infact the fact that her parents didn't like him made her so much more intrigued by him.

On the Ark there's a 3 year medical program thats supposed to teach younger citizens on the ark the basics of medicine and eventually leading them into being surgeons, or doctors.

Jamie's mother specialized in the medical program and was a one of the teachers there. Although no one wanted to admit it, everyone knew jamie would already get accepted into the program because of her alum status.

The age you start the program is age 14, Jamie was now 17 and was on her final year. The anticipation had pushed the girl to the point where she ended up performing an unsupervised surgery on one of her friends which ended up with her getting suspended from the program at first, but unfortunately the girl ended up getting an infection that killed her 3 days after the unauthorized surgery.

Since Jamie's mother and father were both on the council they both knew of the lack of oxygen and 'the 100' plan they agreed with the chancellor that they would send her down instead.

The original plan jamie had was simple, they were going to perform a splenectomy on a fellow student. This fellow student just so happened to be her bestfriend, Amy. Anybody could live without a spleen since it wasn't a crucial organ.

The surgery went fine with no complica-
tions and no bumps whatsoever. But the Callahan girl made a rookie mistake with prescribing the wrong antibiotics to the girl and no later than 72 hours the girl had been presumed dead. Jamie still remembered the day as if itd happend yesterday.

Beads of sweat rolled down Jamie's head as she sat outside of the OR waiting for the news.

"Jamie." She could recognize that stern voice anywhere- it was her mother the  bearer of bad news.

"Come here NOW." The stern voice of her mother let off again causing her shiver in fear of the next events.

The callahan girl stood still and finally turned around to face her mother cold hard glare. She began following towards the O.R.

When the Callahan women had reached the Jamie's mothers pointed towards the dead body on the operating table.

"You see what you did?"

"Mom, please hear me out please."Jamie said pleading with her mother

"I cant even look at you right now. Do you have any idea what you've done Jamie?" She yelled

Jamie hated thinking about that day. It made her feel as if she was murderer, which technically she was according to the ark. But she was just a stupid teenager that made an even dumber decision.

One dumb decision that cost her bestfriend's life.

A/N !

This is the prologue i guess lol if you actually are reading this book please comment.