𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

3. golden

---

English
Italian.

Obvious Italian words, phrases, and sentences are Italicized.
---

"Here's your allowance for this week," your cousin said to you casually, handing you a stark white envelope with a wad of cash in it. "Don't. Lose. It."

You nodded vigorously in agreement. You watched helplessly as the tall woman made her way to your couch, sitting down gracefully with a sigh escaping her lips.

Life was so much easier when someone's there to take care of anything money-related. At this point, you didn't even need to find a part-time job.

"So Eli, how's work?" You asked. The dark-haired female sighed again, and folded her arms. "Things are... hectic. As always. Life in the court is not as easy as you think it is."

That's right. Your cousin worked at the court. More specifically, as a respected lawyer. A woman of her stature suited that job. You were also aspiring to become a lawyer too. But that's for another story.

"I'm just lucky I got a day off today." You nodded. "How's college?" She asked. "I'm sure you're striving well. College is not very hard."

Easy for you to say. You thought. You aced college.

"Good, good. I've got no problem with my studies. In fact, my professors even claimed that I've been performing well," you said, and a small smile formed on Elizabeth's pretty face.

"It's good to know that I haven't been wasting my money for nothing."

Your eye twitched for a split second.

You went over to the kitchen and looked through the fridge to find something to munch on-only to find nothing, except for a box of milk, and a half-full carton of eggs. You sighed loudly in defeat. You didn't like going to the grocery store.

You went back to the living room, only to find Antonio laying snugly on Elizabeth's lap. She seemed to enjoy the feeling of the cat's weight on her lap. The TV was on, and the news channel was on air- probably the only existing TV channel in this story.

"Hey, Eli, I've run out of food. I'm heading off to the grocery store," you announced as you quickly grabbed a pair of jeans to replace your shorts, and a beige shirt to top it off.

"I can buy the groceries for you, if you want,"

"Nah. Stay here. You need to relax." You smiled as you grab your Vespa scooter's keys. "All right," the woman sighed in defeat. It surprised you, since this was actually a rare case for Eli, but you decided to ignore it.

You head outside after locking the door behind you, to ensure the safety of Eli, your cat, and your stuff. But knowing your cousin, she could probably handle a petty thief (or even a gangster). If she was able to beat the shit out of your whiney ass, then why the heck not with other people, am I right?

You strided to the garage, where Elizabeth's car and your Vespa were parked. You wended carefully around the expensive-looking car, making sure not to make even the slightest residue, because you knew you'd be dead if she found out about something as small as that. Eli could spot even the tinniest fault like a hawk with a microscope.

You moved the Vespa outside the garage. It was a shiny pale blue, with dials on the front panel- you bought it two months ago. Bending over, you retrieved a helmet from under the seat. You swung your legs over the seat, and got on the little scooter. The bell key chain attached to the key ringed gently as you twisted the small object. The Vespa revved up, and rattled noisily and cheerfully.