(Cinder Ending) Epilogue: Kingdom

Ten Years Later:

Walking into your throne room you see Hazel, Watts, Lilith, and Cinder all already sitting around the large table. Taking your time, you slowly seat yourself at the throne positioned at the head of the table.

"I appreciate you all taking the time to meet today." You say.

"Even though I don't see a reason to." Watts says offhandedly. "Tell me, what is the reason for these continued meetings when Remnant has been under our control for the better part of a decade?"

"Because," Cinder says annoyed, "we still have to deal with the rebellions. The number of uprisings has been increasing over the past few months and we're here to discuss how to eliminate them."

"Just kill them." Watts says with a dismissive wave of his hand. "They hardly cause any trouble."

"They cause a tremendous amount of trouble." Lilith shoots back. "True, they don't cause much physical damage, but it's what they stand for that makes them an issue. So long as they continue to rebel, we will never have true control. And simply killing them doesn't seem to have the same effect it did five years ago. They're under the deluded impression that their cause is worth dying for."

"Then we kill their families." You say. "Any rebellions you stop, make sure to capture them alive. Find their families and kill them while they watch. If that doesn't work, torture them before ending their lives. Make sure they watch every second of it, then torture them."

"Forgive me," Watts says, "but doesn't that seem a little barbaric."

"The rebellions are only increasing in frequency in the territory you control Watts." You remind him. "The reason we're here is because you no longer seem to be able to maintain order, so I will have to do it for you."

Watts opens his mouth as if he is about to say something, but instead thinks against it.

"Is that all?" Hazel asks.

"Not quite, I wanted to discuss Ozpin's imprisonment." You say, directing your attention to Hazel. "We'll have to find a way to determine his next host before he reincarnates, but we'll discuss it at a later time. For now, make yourselves comfortable. I'll call when it's time to meet again. Lilith stay behind. I want to talk to you."

You rise to your feet and everyone does the same. You move to go stand and look out the window while Hazel and Watts retreat out of the room.

"You wished to speak with me?" Lilith asks nervously.

"Relax child, you're not in trouble." You say, causing her shoulders to ease up. "I want you to keep an eye on Watts."

"What for?"

"You heard him today. He's a brilliant man, but his foresight is very limited. We can't afford to allow these uprisings to continue. If he fails to do something about them, you are to assume command of Atlas instead."

"And how do I determine if he needs, er, replaced?"

"I trust your judgement and leave it up to your discretion."

Lilith bows and makes her way out of the room.

"Make sure to be on time for dinner tonight." Cinder says as she passes by.

"Of course, mother."

Once the door closes, Cinder saunters up behind you and wraps her arms around your shoulders.

"She's growing up to be a capable young woman, don't you think?"

"Hmm." You nod. "Almost as capable as another woman I know. She'll make a fine conduit for your powers when you pass."

"That's depressing. Not to mention somewhat rude." Cinder says as she moves to stand next to you.

"I'm just planning ahead." You say, caressing her cheek. "I didn't make it this far only to have it all fall apart at the death of one woman."

"I'm not just any woman."

"No. You're not." You agree. "Which is why it's so important that your death be planned for."

"Aren't you the smooth talker." Cinder jokes.

"I didn't hear you complaining when I offered to trade my own immortality to extend yours and Lilith's lives by several hundred years."

"And why would I? Gives us all the more time to fu..."

"Still." You interrupt. "You aren't invincible. You can still be killed, the same as anyone else."

"It's like you said though, isn't it?" Cinder reminds, snaking her hands up over your shoulders. "I'm not like anyone else."

"No. You're not." You bend your head and capture Cinder's lips in a passionate embrace, wrapping your arms around her waster and pulling her flush against your body.

"Now that business is over," Cinder grins, "do you have time for pleasure?"

You smile and push Cinder up against the table, kissing her deeply.

And that's how it was. Remnant was under your control and would remain so for the next several hundred years. Any individuals foolish enough to challenge your reign were punished. And to think, it only took you two years to topple the unified Kingdoms after killing Salem. The queen is dead. Long live the king.